- Serve as a Global Consultant for North America Customer Projects with direct reporting line to the Head of Global Consultancy and dotted line to the Regional Director of Consultancy.
- Directly support customer opportunities that are critical to the company and to the North America consulting organization. Such customer projects will mainly be connected to pre-sales opportunities and will require leading customer organizations (leaders and associates) in the implementation of wining strategies to address complex value-based healthcare projects.
- Contribute to design of consulting offerings targeting Organizational Sustainability issues and then Healthcare Transformation opportunities.
- Work directly with customers in assigned region to implement initiatives that will result in improved performance of key metrics (Time, Quality, Staff, Growth and Financial Performance) by providing frameworks, tools and knowledge to drive process innovation. Gather pre/post customer performance metrics and evaluate this data to determine impact of interventions for the customer organization and for Roche.
- Support the development of standardized processes/tools and provide training, coaching and facilitation to both external customers and internal associates on topics related to business transformation, implementation of lean management systems/tools and building high performance organizations.
- Cooperate with other International Project Consultants, International Product Managers to promote a high performance culture.
Role-specific tasks: IPC for Healthcare Strategy & Business Process
- Support the execution of strategy for Organizational Sustainability and Healthcare Transformation pillars under the Roche Healthcare Consulting framework in North America, focusing mainly on lean management implementation, value-based contract methodologies and consultancy solutions to Roche Customers.
- As part of the regional consulting team, partner with the local commercial organization to connect with hospital management teams and, when appropriate, payers to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize customer operations.
- Support affiliates on the design of complex full end-to-end projects / programs and perform, when needed, coaching and mentoring activities to the local consultancy team. Identify and build new services and solutions and evaluate new business models for negotiating consultancy projects including, but not limited to, new consultancy packages that can be charged to customers and risk-sharing pricing models.
- Periodically prepare portfolio reviews of the partnership program with steering committee (Roche Healthcare Consulting Global & Region) to track status, progress and measure economic value and customer satisfaction
- Drive implementation, coach and develop local project or staff resources through training programs and pilots tied to clinical, financial and operational performance outcomes by leveraging Lean tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
- Capture learning and best-practices and continuously enrich Roche Healthcare Consulting offerings
- Collaborate with Medical & Scientific Affairs teams as new consulting offerings are created that require clinical and scientific expertise.
- Liaise and influence key stakeholders by developing well-articulated situation analysis and business cases for change, understanding how new approaches will be embedded in the traditional affiliate sales process in order to make them aware of the possible methodologies/tools and approaches that may maximize sales capabilities in negotiations.
- Clearly articulate the value of Roche Healthcare Consulting solutions to internal stakeholders and to customers as part of pitching our services.
- Leadership - Able to work consistently in a heavily matrixed organization, as a contributor to teams and independently. Capable of leading a team when required and following a leader when needed.
- Process Management – Demonstrated proficiency applying a lean management system and its related tools in a variety of situations. Knows what to measure and how to measure it.
- Business Tools – High-degree of proficiency in basic business analytics tools (e.g., Excel), experience developing business cases to drive internal investment decisions and to show value to customers.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous methodology to solve problems. Able to understand strategic and commercial implications of internal or customer business issues. Draws from cross-functional expertise to solve complex problems.
- Analytical Skills – Identifies and understands relevant trends, opportunities, needs and market direction. Able to interpret data to provide guidance, decisions and recommendations.
- Communication – Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization. Promotes timely, ongoing flow of information to others. Uses communication to develop and maintain key business relationships.
- Ability to influence, develop and gain cooperation from Global, Region, Country and Support organizations.
- Customer-facing readiness (executive presence) is required
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent education.
- Must be able to demonstrate deep expertise with Lean methodologies and tools. Master Black Belt level of performance is expected for specific tools including: Strategic Planning and Policy Deployment (Hoshin Kanri), Problem Solving Process, Visual Daily Management, Transactional Process Improvement (Kaizen) facilitation, Value Stream Mapping/Management, Standard Work development, 5S and Visual Controls, 3P (Production, Preparation, Process) facilitation and Enterprise/Organizational-level Lean Assessments.
- Experience guiding executive leaders through strategy development sessions and the strategy deployment/implementation process is required. Experience executing a continuous improvement role in a commercial organization (Sales/Service Management) is a plus. Further, ability to facilitate kaizen and know how to work with front lines associates (including union workers) is a must.
- Financial experience/background is required.
- Experience on customer engagement management and relationship building.
- Strong understanding of hospital and/or laboratories operations and processes is considered an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel between 50%-75%.
- MBA, Industrial Engineering or equivalent advanced degree with a strong emphasis on operations management is a plus