As Senior Business Critical System Administrator you will be part of the Business Critical Solutions Team, belonging to Cloud, Computing and Storage within Operations organization. This team is providing support for several infrastructure components under its scope. This support includes technical operations in multi-disciplinary technology layers (Windows, Unix, Storage NAS/SAN, Backup,..) together with maintenance and delivery. All this wrapped with a strong business orientation, value focus and agile IaC mentality. The key objective is keeping the Business Critical applications in the best possible shape in terms of resiliency, stability, reliability, performance and availability, from the Infrastructure perspective to the application one, sharing all together the same goal: adding value to the business in an agile way. For this, you will need to support, maintain and deliver that infrastructure and related services in a stable and reliable way, according to the necessary processes, quality, regulation compliance and accountability, as well as paying special attention to proactive & advance services for supporting those identified as business critical applications, creating the necessary business connections, knowledge and customer-centric focus for them.
A Senior Business Critical System Administrator needs to work with high autonomy in handling complex technical operations taking into consideration their related business processes impact, while accomplishing related objectives, under a strong regulated global organization with a customer focus mindset and high communication skills.
- Works towards the performance and reliability SLAs of IT Infrastructure as well as accountable for the quality and performance of assigned IT operations.
- Accountable for maintaining the qualification state of the IT infrastructure according to Roche standards, ensuring systems are Audit Ready. And acting as a Quality Assurance and IT procedures reference for the rest of the team, ensuring documentation is produced and maintained according any Roche defined standard.
- Responsible for building strong relationships, communications and collaborations with customers, other IT departments, areas or teams (thru teamwork) with the aim of better design and delivery assigned complex IT solutions, understanding clearly the Global Delivery Organization membership with a high positive resilience at any change.
- It’s a part of the technical solution team focusing on maintaining and improving the reliability of the IT infrastructure, acting as Technology Subject Matter Expert and technical advisor on assigned IT projects, and therefore a technical reference for the rest of the team, keeping in mind an infrastructure automation mindset ( and IaC ) to cope with the workload and demand in a sustainable and reliable way.
- Acts as point of contact and coordination for third level escalations to vendor or to other departments , as well as supports senior management in the contract requirements and complex service level agreements.
- Able to show a Service and customer oriented mindset (to Roche business), applying technology to present company needs as well as future needs (continuous improvement and innovation thru automation as priority), being able to understand how technology actions impact across critical business processes and how to keep business continuity from an IT infrastructure perspective. · Acts as technology mentor for the rest of the team in knowledge, documentation standards and quality that fulfill Roche regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- +6 Years’ experience in related technology environments (Windows, Unix-Linux, Backup, Storage NAS/SAN, High-Availability solutions as clusters...).
- Technical certifications in related technologies.
- ITIL certification.
- Professional English related certifications.
- Agile framework certification (SAFe, Scrum Master…).
- Continuous Improvement related certification (Six Sigma, LEAN, …).
- IaC related certification.
- Experience in business critical environments under high pressure.
- Experience dealing with critical incidents, high demanding customers and important escalations.
- Experience in complex IT systems and organizations.
- Experience in a global organization, working in an international, multicultural, multi skilled and virtual teams.
- DevOps approach: Infrastructure Automation and IaC - configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet), automated build/release test & deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Git-bitbucket, Artifactory).
- Senior level technical operational skills, such as troubleshooting, capacity planning, and root cause analysis.
- Advanced Monitoring tools/frameworks (e.g. Nagios, Ganglia, ELK, Grafana, Splunk) predictive failures.
- Proactivity, with a clear ability to think beyond boundaries, take controlled risks and assume responsibilities.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Marketing mindset skills.
- Thinking out of the box skills.
- Advanced English language skill is a must, and a second language (Spanish or German) would be considered an advantage.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management, Consulting and Support