Senior Communications Manager, Pharma Public & Employee Communications
Reporting to the Head of Pharma Public and Employee Communications (a member of the Pharma Comms Leadership Team), this role is accountable for driving internal and external communications for Roche Pharmaceuticals/the Pharma Leadership Team. You will serve as deputy to the Head of Pharma Public and Employee Communications and will help deliver integrated communications programmes that effectively engage employees through various internal channels, platforms and events. You will also help build a global Pharma Public and Employee Communications community that cultivates a culture of fit-for-purpose partnerships and knowledge sharing by serving as a key resource for affiliates.
In this role, you will primarily be accountable for:
- Supporting and activating PLT-level priorities such as change communications, acquisitions or mergers as well as business critical topics
- Driving employee motivation and engagement; ensuring understanding of the pharma strategy, priorities and related actions, as well as connecting employees with our leaders and their vision
- Determining and managing key internal communications channels, platforms and publications, and providing operational support to the other communications teams as well as to the PLT for critical events e.g. Pharma Town Hall, PBM etc.
- Supporting communicators across Pharma through the management of tools generating insights which can strengthen the engagement strategies employed to address business priorities
- Building communities of interest / practice across affiliates that optimise end-to-end support through central capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant certification plus 7-10 or more years’ experience in corporate affairs (public relations and internal communications) with a solid background in developing, driving and implementing integrated communications programmes
- Solid background in developing, driving and implementing integrated communications programmes as well as establishing and maintaining communication platforms
- Experience in event and project management
- Extensive experience in corporate affairs disciplines including branding, reputation and issues management, media relations, patient advocacy, change communications, alliance development, campaigning, product PR, market access communications
- Demonstrable experience leading cross-functional projects and working in a matrix style
- Solid track record of community building, insight gathering and measurement
- Extensive experience in managing external agencies and budgets to ensure timely, high quality and within budget deliverables