Contract Manager CAPEX– Risk, Contracts & Compliance
As a Contract Manager, CAPEX Contracts you are part of the Global Procurement in the Risk, Contracts & Compliance team’s Direct Materials & Site Services (DM&SS) Contracts group.
You will report directly to the Head of Direct Materials and Site Services and be focusing on supporting Third Party Risk Management processes including contract drafting and negotiation.
The position is located in Mannheim, Germany.
Global Procurement is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services
and the management of Roche’s third party spend.
Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, Global Procurement helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
The Contract Manager will support Third Party Risk Management processes including contract drafting and negotiation. In day to day operations time and effort is required to support and collaborate
with a select number of functional stakeholders and cross-divisional global, regional and local procurement stakeholders. The Contract Manager will support document development and negotiations for the DM&SS group of Risk, Contracts & Compliance.
1. Develop People
- Guide Procurement staff (and project related staff as appropriate) and provide opportunities for professional development and contribute to feedback for project related staff.
- Foster teamwork and create a work culture that values collaboration across relevant functions, including functional service providers
2. Core accountabilities
- Understand the vision, mission and strategy of Global Procurement, Risk, Contracts & Compliance, sub-team and business partners. Work closely with Procurement and Business stakeholders to deliver the strategy through contracting operations. Manage outsourced business processes in a matrix structure and execute operational tasks when required to maintain service levels. Assure issue resolution and maintain understanding of key aspects of the business process.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of general contracting operations and applicable systems. Advise business partners and understand the importance of issue and business partner relationship management to guarantee process and contract compliance.
- Measure metrics and KPI’s for all the related sub processes and monitor performance against established Service Level Agreements. Support fair market value assessments through good understanding of fair market value concepts and applicable anti-kickback laws. Apply financial concepts and terminology in contract operations.
- Execute process related communication and reporting for distribution through appropriate business channels
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, stakeholder input, and organizational needs and expectations.
- Negotiate and apply skills in new situations. Ensure negotiations are authorized and planned following requirements of all parties, alignment to organizational objectives and within limits of delegated/contractual authority. Lead negotiations teams and guide other professionals in negotiations.
- Discuss complex terms and conditions. Guide other professionals and advise business partners. Gain extensive delegation of authority from Legal to approve most clauses. Identify risks involved in the related area of responsibility and procurement.
- Ensure capability specific material and information is up to date and communicated to Procurement and business partners. In alignment with the Capability Building function, provide content input and delivery support for process specific training to global and local stakeholders.
- 8+ years related business experience, 3-6+ years with JD (or equivalent advanced legal degree), PhD, or Masters
- 3+ years contract management experience
- Risk management experience
- Demonstrated contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical, communication, influencing and networking skills
- Business level fluency in English
- JD (or equivalent advanced legal degree) or paralegal credentials or equivalent experience is desired
- Knowledge of Roche Procurement and business stakeholder policies and processes is desired
- Additional specialized professional legal, compliance or procurement-related certifications (e.g. IAPP Privacy Certification, C.P.M. or equivalent) is desired
- Experience working in global environment is desired
We are looking forward to receiving your complete job application including a current curriculum vitae!