Responsible for tax accounting activities relating to the preparation of the company’s federal, state, and local tax returns, income tax provisions (ASC 740), by review of accounts and records, and according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations and related federal and state estimates. Perform tax research and analysis of the tax laws. Contributes independently or with a team towards a special project. With minimal guidance, review financial records to determine tax liability or refund due and prepare proper documents as required, maintain accurate tax records, prepare routine and special tax reports.
Specialized knowledge of specific work processes or area. Provides analytical work to assigned area. Knowledge of a specific field, and applies this knowledge to look in-depth at information pertaining to the area. Manages, organizes and analyzes data or other information. Acts as a resource in providing information to others in the implementation of solutions. Applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to analytical work. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required. Follows established procedures. Works under immediate supervision Possesses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization. Analyst is the next level. Work is routine and instruction are usually detailed.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objective through daily actions.
1. Using acceptable accounting practices and principles is responsible for tax accounting analysis and auditing for the assigned area of responsibility. Refers more complex issues to higher levels.
2. Prepares the company’s federal, state, and local tax returns by examining accounts and records and computing tax returns and taxes owed according the prescribed rates, laws, and regulations to required deadlines.
3. Corresponds and negotiates with governmental revenue agencies at a tactical level.
4. Researches and analyzes key issues to assist more senior staff in taxation department. Prepares reports and studies for management attention as requested.
5. Ensures all expenditures are accurately recorded and reported to control the organization’s budget commitments.
6. Utilizes CARE behaviors (Collaboration, Accuracy, Responsiveness, and Empathy, during interactions with internal and external customers in a consistent and effective manner to deliver positive customer experiences and drive customer satisfaction.
7. Provides financial accounting staff with technical tax advice and assistance in tax matters as necessary.
Who you are:
· Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field or 5 years of progressive tax experience
· 1 year of progressive corporate tax experience (public accounting or private industry)
· Requires basic knowledge of accounting practices and principles
· Have basic corporate tax knowledge
· Requires working knowledge of applications in a computerized environment, such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access
· Requires excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail
· Requires effective written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently and guide the work of lower level staff
· Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Actively looks for process improvements
· 2 + years corporate tax experience preferred
· Proficient in corporate income tax software preferred