Location: San Diego, CA
This is an exciting time to join Roche Support Network. If you are passionate for problem solving then this is the position for you! As a research-focused healthcare company, Roche discovers, develops and provides innovative diagnostics and therapeutic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals - from early detection and prevention of diseases to diagnostics, treatment and treatment monitoring. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
The Roche Support Network group is committed to providing industry-defining support to its customers. As a Field Applications Specialist, you will have the opportunity to travel and demonstrate your expertise as a technical repair and/or installation specialist for Roche assigned product lines, and provide valued service to your laboratory customers in an assigned territory.
· Serves as the Roche liaison and expert with the field and customers on all consultative, administrative and technical installation matters pertaining to implementation of assigned Roche systems.
· Serves as the lead technical expert for field support staff by supporting the local support team with the identification, analysis, and execution of complex hardware instrument implementations, including pre-installation planning and resolution of post-implementation hardware issues.
· Provides analysis, feedback and recommendations on product failure trends and service ability issues.
· Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using advanced knowledge, experience and skills.
· Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize delay to the installation timeline.
· Responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction with Roche hardware installations.
· Promotes effective, positive, and productive communications among team members to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customers.
· Manages assigned installations at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, installation and support quality.
· Will oversee and assess quality of installation teams work and provide feedback to regional lead engineers regarding customer site readiness, delivery, and install resource scheduling.
Who you are:
· Associate’s degree in Medical Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science or Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
· 3 years of previous experience in a clinical laboratory or IT in a clinical lab environment.
· Effective written/verbal communication skills as well as project management experience.
· Effective customer consultative skills which includes a positive attitude, helpful customer interaction, and maintenance of ongoing customer relationships.
· Can work as a field based individual contributor with independence and autonomy.