Provides financial and business guidance related to the establishment of creditworthiness of Roche Diagnostics Indianapolis customer base. Develops the policies and procedures needed to ensure Roche maintains its high quality collections performance. Direct all activities related to developing annual budgets, financial reporting, costing, forecasts, and strategic plans specific to AR; develop and interpret financial information that facilitates sound business decisions and supports business unit objectives; provides financial analysis. Responsible for Supervising and Developing Finance and support talent. Also responsible for overseeing financial controls and audit related to accounts receivable. Leads the process improvement objectives to improve customer service levels, maximize revenue, and grow profitability.
Assist the Director or senior leadership in overall operations of assigned department(s). Contributes and achieves results through the management of subordinates (professional and support staff). Establishes and manages the department's budget and all assigned resources. Provides leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved. Directs and implements tactical plans. Has full discretion on all employment decisions for department staff including hiring, training, performance management, and progressive disciplinary actions.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
1. Develop and maintain the policy and procedures related to Credit Scoring, Credit risk monitoring, Default response, and Write-off procedures.
Assist the director with the implementation of annual strategic operating plan related to accounts receivables. Assists with financial analysis and formulation of recommendations to achieve plan objectives. Assists with planning within assigned area, and directs and coordinates the ongoing activities to meet established objectives and aims.
2. Effectively manages assigned staff in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values. Is responsible for managing the annual performance review feedback process to enhance work processes and employee understanding. Motivate and develop competent personnel to achieve effective and efficient department operations.
3. Manages auditing, budgeting, forecasting and/or reporting activities. Compile, review, and present information to Director. Responsible for providing departmental financial reporting and/or budget to actual comparisons, explaining variances, and works with the business leaders to understand forecast implications.
4. Directs and supervises customer financial reviews with a focus on maximizing sales and minimizing risk and monitoring of receivable to achieve targets. Reviews monthly results to ensure completeness and accuracy. Direct the staff responsible for specific finance and/or accounting functions (i.e. analysis, budgeting, bad debt reporting, and internal controls).
5. Advises and leads personnel in adherence to accepted principles, practices, and laws. Monitors financial reporting for compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
6. Collaborates with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems to enable the timely and information accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data.
7. Responsible for working with the leadership team and within the corporate strategy to identify processes or systems that need change or improvement.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business related field.
- 5 years of progressive Finance, Accounting, or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principals and practices GAAP or IAS and auditing
- Demonstrated leadership
- Ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage assigned staff.
- Ability to apply company policies and procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- MBA or CPA certification
- 2 years previous supervisory or management experience