The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is aimed at supporting excellent young scientists focusing on collaborative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. Both internal Roche and academic experts will mentor you, and you will be based mainly at the main Roche campus in Basel, Switzerland.
We are looking for a Cheminformatics / Computational Chemistry Scientist for a postdoctoral project with the goal of integrating machine learning techniques on pharmacological networks, chemical and biological fingerprints to leverage vast amounts of DNA-encoded chemical library data towards addressing drug discovery questions such as compound profiling, hit expansion, library design, compound repurposing, and target assessments. The candidate will have a solid understanding of Cheminformatics principles and an interest in modern machine learning techniques.
As a postdoc you're going to join our international team in an outstanding and competitive scientific environment and you will hold several of these primary responsibilities:
- Present work internally and at conferences
- Publish work in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to work effectively and independently according to time-lines
- Excellent organizational skills, personal initiative and detail oriented
- Good communication and presentation skills, fluent in English
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic person who recently obtained her/his PhD and has strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and innovatively in a fast-paced environment.
If you bring as well the following we are looking forward to receiving your application:
- PhD (obtained within the last 4 years) in Cheminformatics, Computational Chemistry, or a related field
- Solid knowledge of Cheminformatics principles: data mining. fingerprints, chemical motifs, molecular properties, prediction and validation
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate complex scientific data in order to provide recommendations to key staff
- Experience in programming in Python (preferably), C++, or Java
- Experience in SQL database modelling and programming
- Experience in machine learning techniques is a plus
- A creative self-responsible person with great communication skills
For questions please call the Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50.