Roche Diagnostics commissions, maintains and develops buildings for Research, Development, Production and Administration on various sites worldwide. Architectural support is an essential task in ascertaining the availability of efficient buildings for various functions, by providing high quality workplaces for employees and representative spaces for customers. Paramount is the definition of global design guidelines for the built environment in accordance with the Roche brand, as well as support / governance in the application of these guidelines.
As Roche Diagnostics Regional Architect for Americas you will be representing the architecture discipline within Engineering Americas organization and to our contractors and designers. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Regional Engineering Americas and your role will have a performance reporting line to the Corporate Architect for the Diagnostics Division, based in Switzerland.
Additional responsibilities include Governance in the application of the Design Guide of the Built Environment for execution projects, as support to Diagnostics Corporate Architect for a defined region. Governance in selection process of architectural consultants and contractors. Review, challenge and comment on user requirements, scope of work and design deliverables. Provide guidance on complex engineering issues and provides expertise in the area of architecture and design for all work spaces. Collaborating with Roche Diagnostics Americas internal engineering & facility disciplines. The position is part of the Diagnostics Regional Engineering team based in Indianapolis.
What you do:
- Monitor and Guide Roche Diagnostics building projects from Project Initiation to Detailed Design and Realization with respect to architecture, interior design and landscape architecture.
- Advice on adherence to Roche Corporate Guidelines and signage as part of corporate identity.
- Advice on adherence to Local Guidelines on Architecture, Interior or Exterior spaces according to Master Plan or Regional Guidelines.
- Influence and guide respecting the creative professional work owned by others whilst ensuring the best outcome for Roche.
- Assess the capabilities of potential architectural / design consultants or contractors
- Collaborate with Roche Diagnostics internal engineering & facilities disciplines
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence his own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You will have a Master degree in Architecture from an internationally reputable university, 7+ years of practical experience in leading architectural functions for the design and realization of complex projects of mostly industrial background, including several years of international project experience (preferably including Europe). You also bring a deep understanding of architectural theory, history and concepts, and in particular from the Bauhaus and international style to today’s contemporary architecture.
You will also be experienced in guiding and influencing the architectural process whilst allowing others to own the creative side. Respect the creative professionals whilst ensuring the best outcome for Roche, and the ability to be accepted as a peer by leading architects acting on Roche commissions is also key to be successful in this role. In addition you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- 7 years of years of practical experience in leading architectural functions for the design and realization of complex projects.
- At least 1 year of previous responsibility for leading or managing people formally or informally
- 3 years previous project management experience
- Strong computer skills including strong working knowledge of CAD and project software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing multiple projects with varying scopes of responsibility
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture from an internationally reputable university
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience in design and construction of a diverse portfolio from commercial, to industrial or amenities buildings.
- Design and execution experience within an internationally reputable architectural firm
- Excellent computer presentation skills, PowerPoint, including sense for graphic design
- Preferred additional language basic skills in Spanish or German
- Good knowledge of architectural history, from Bauhaus to nowadays within the American and European context
- The role will require up to 30% travel within Region Americas
- Abstract thinking, alert grasp of essentials, sense for aesthetics and a respect of cultural variety
- Firmness and clarity in negotiation, team management as well as good leadership and team working skills
***To be considered for this position please attach a sample graphic portfolio with your application***