- Participate in application development and marketing projects, including the design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and associated documentation and report generation.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support to understand commercial needs and identify gaps.
- Ideate new application development projects which add commercial value to the organization.
- Initiate and manage collaborations with customers for the development of new applications and associated scientific and marketing collateral.
- Highlight work through Application Notes, webinars, and presentations and posters at strategic scientific conferences.
- Limited travel (10 – 20%) to participate in scientific conferences and meet with collaborators, as needed.
- An advanced degree (MSc, PhD preferred) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or relevant Biological or Biomedical Science, with 3+ years’ experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Advanced theoretical knowledge of and practical experience in PCR and qPCR applications.
- Extensive understanding and experience in NGS sample preparation workflows, including DNA and RNA library preparation, as well as targeted sequencing approaches. Preference for those associated with Illumina sequencing technology.
- Broad theoretical knowledge of NGS applications.
- Experience with customer support is considered highly desirable.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation with a collaborative personality.