Building on over 30 years of industry experience, Roche Custom Biotech uses the powerful multidisciplinary skills found in Roche facilities across the world. The team offers products and solutions for manufacturers in the diagnostics and pharma biotech industry ranging from raw materials to system solutions for bioprocessing.
Leveraging the unique know-how of Roche Diagnostics and Roche Pharmaceuticals, our Key Account Manager works to deliver high quality raw materials, instrumentation, products and services for the biopharmaceutical, cell therapy, or in vitro diagnostics business. In this role you will be responsible for selling the company's products and services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts. You will be highly driven to create your own territory strategy and plan to grow and drive business. This role requires National travel and applicants should live withing 45 miles of major airport.
• Contact new and existing customers to meet and exceed sales objectives in targeted accounts, by developing new business, growing existing business, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting customer problems.
• Identify and develop strategic account plans and developing and delivering the differentiating message and quantifiable economic value for products and services, selling the primary differentiation of Roche products, overcoming and managing objections, and negotiating to obtain sales.
• Generate demand and maximizes product awareness by working with and providing education and information to customers.
• Work with others, as needed or required, to prepare proposals for assigned accounts. Presents all contract proposals to customers to maximize overall business and profitability, which may require some negotiation.
• Conduct and organizes necessary territory planning and routing for efficiency
• Drive market intelligence initiative for your territory and communicate competitive market information internally.
What you’ll need to be successful
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
• Good oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
• Proven Leadership abilities
• Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a regulated environment
• Strategic planning and organizational skills
• Willing to travel about 35 to 40% mostly in USA (occasionally to Europe and Canada)
• Must have basic knowledge of the regenerative medicine market
• Understanding of Research and manufacturing is a plus
• siRNA, Crispr, Gene Editing, mRNA Therapy, Cellular reprograming
• Basic understanding of Biomarker development
• Knowledge of Monoclonal Antibody development and bioprocessing
• Basic techniques PCR and qPCR, sample prep required