The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is aimed at supporting excellent young scientists focusing on collaborative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. Both internal Roche and academic experts will mentor you, and you will be based mainly at the main Roche campus in Basel, Switzerland.
As a major element of Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (Roche pRED), the Therapeutic Modalities (TMo) function is responsible for creating innovative drug candidates for all Roche pRED Discovery and Translational areas (DTAs), spanning small molecules, biologics and nucleic acid-based therapeutics. As part of TMo, the Chemical Biology (CB) department focuses on the success of Roche’s preclinical pipeline by delivering leading edge science through strong expertise in high-throughput, DNA-encoded and phenotypic cell-based screening platforms, translational protein science, enzymology, biophysics, stem-cell platforms, structural biology, and computer-aided drug discovery (CADD).
We are now looking for an extraordinary, highly motivated, and talented Postdoc to join our international team in an outstanding and competitive scientific environment. As a Cheminformatics postdoctoral fellow your responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and develop novel algorithms for analysing and comparing the structure of SAR compound sets
- Deploy innovative approaches through interactive tools for medicinal chemists and apply them to drug discovery programmes
- Be a contributing member of the Computer-Aided Drug Design team
- Directly interact with academic collaboration partners at a leading University
- Maintain an internal and external scientific presence by authoring significant scientific presentations and publications
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are seeking a highly motivated person, who possess excellent communication skills, enjoys working in multidisciplinary teams and is fluent in English. If you have recently completed your Ph.D. in cheminformatics, computational chemistry, computer science, biochemistry, bioinformatics, structural biology, or a related discipline, your profile might be interesting for us. If you bring as well the following set of skills and expertise we are looking forward to receiving your application:
- Background knowledge of chemistry and molecular biology/biochemistry
- Familiarity with major drug design concepts and an understanding of the basics of mathematics and statistics
- Experience with solving cheminformatics tasks
- Programming skills in one or several programming languages, preferably including Python and SQL
- A substantial track record of scientific publications as journal articles and conference talks
- A dedicated hands-on attitude and curiosity to automate essential steps of drug design
For questions please call the Recruiting Team Switzerland: +41616822550