At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
The Basel Medicinal Chemistry group is an integral part of the Roche Drug Discovery engine and represents how we innovate healthcare through the invention of differentiated medicines for treating diseases for unmet medical needs. We offer during this 12 month internship program the most talented chemistry students (also as a gap year before starting a PhD) the chance to gain valuable work experience in synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
During the internship you will:
- be led by a chemistry laboratory head or senior laboratory associate and be part of a team involved in lead generation and/or lead optimization projects synthesizing novel molecules for innovative biological targets
- conduct laboratory research and work in a small team composed of 1 – 3 research associates to become experienced in the use of modern organic chemistry synthetic methods and purification technologies
- develop structure activity and structure property relationships via analyzing computed and measured multi-dimensional optimization parameters
- use electronic laboratory notebooks to accurately document your research results
- receive complementary education with a tuition program through which you will deepen your understanding in organic and medicinal chemistry and improve your presentation skills
We are keen to discover talents who are passionate about learning and show great curiosity in discovering new things. At the Roche Headquarter site in Basel/Kaiseraugst, employees from over 90 countries are doing now what our patients need next. We contribute our share towards achieving our mission and to make our vision of personalized healthcare happen. We offer you a multicultural workplace in a modern environment, which at the same time requires you to be open-minded and adaptable. This also means that you continuously contrast your results with others and acknowledge the benefit of teamwork and communications. You will be a member of our Interns Network that offers you chances to connect, have fun and get to know Basel, in the heart of Europe.
We are looking for highly motivated students with a strong enthusiasm for Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, who are interested in performing state of the art research in the pharmaceutical industry.
- a chemistry student in a University who in the 2019-2020 academic year will be
- in the penultimate or last year of study
- at the “Year in Industry” junction of the studies
- a chemistry master student who is in a gap year before starting a PhD
- the ambition to join a multi-cultural team which strives to bring medicines to patients
- ambitious team-worker and relish working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- passionate and dedicated about your further education in the area of organic/medicinal chemistry and may be planning to start a PhD after your degree
- excellent organizational skills, pro-active knowledge sharer and fluent in English
Please apply via careers.roche.com until October 5th, 12pm, 2018.
Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50
Hiring Manager: Dr. Matthias Nettekoven,