Within the Global Customer Support (GCS) organization, the Specialty Testing and Point of Care Documentation Department provides user and service documentation for diagnostic devices in areas including hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, and blood gas. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Service Manuals, and award-winning User Assistance.
You are the Technical Writer who
- Writes and updates user documentation in English for Roche systems, while respecting project requirements and documentation standards.
- Plans, develops, organizes and edits operational procedures for user documentation.
- Independently collects information required to produce the outputs.
- Cooperates closely with documentation project managers, service personnel, trainers, developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Organizes documentation reviews by subject matter experts, and implements their input.
- Ensures that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected.
- Is enthusiastic about technical writing and contributes to frequent discussions aimed at the continuous improvement of our processes and guidelines.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role you bring the following:
- Proven experience in technical writing, preferably in a diagnostics business environment.
- Proven experience with Adobe Framemaker (XML-based) or a similar authoring tool.
- Knowledge of multimedia tools and processes used in state-of-the-art technical documentation
- Excellent spoken and written command of English and German (native speaker or equivalent level).
- Ability to communicate in an international environment with subject matter experts from different functional areas.
- Willingness to travel.
The following would be a plus:
- Experience with Schema ST4 or comparable Content Management Systems.
- Familiarity with laboratory systems and environments.
- Experience in minimalistic and topic-oriented writing.
- Familiarity with hardware and software development processes
We are looking forward to receiving your complete job application including a cover letter and current curriculum vitae!
Contact: Luise Kern
Phone: +49 621 759 1351