At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
We are looking for a motivated biostatistician to quickly integrate into and complement an existing team of data analysis experts in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department of Roche Pharma (pRED). Tightly integrated with bioinformatics specialists our group performs statistical analyses for discovery / validation of new targets and biomarkers, monitoring drug effects, as well as elucidating the mechanism behind diseases.
In this environment, your main responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- You are the recognized and competent subject matter expert for statistical analysis in projects from target identification to proof of concept studies. The emphasis of your contribution is to provide support to global research projects with high complexity and high strategic impact across all disease areas with focus on infectious and inflammatory diseases
- You make sure that novel innovative research and /or development concepts for exploratory data analysis and machine learning are tested, developed and implemented.
- You will establish statistical analysis and validation of methods, technologies, assays and disease models (biochemical cellular, animal models, etc.)
- You will design experiments, do power analysis and develop statistical analysis plans, perform general exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling and take care of the documentation and presentation of results. Moreover, you will analyze high dimensional data such as genomics and proteomics. You will perform data mining on pre-clinical and clinical data with a focus on oncology.
- You take initiative in collaborating with colleagues and coworkers and offer your help and advice as a member of interdisciplinary project teams. This includes the development of specific data mining tools as needed by project teams and technology units.
- You are passionate in providing consultancy on request for specific projects.
- You enjoy performing training and education of scientists in statistical thinking
Who you are
- You hold a PhD (or equivalent degree) in Biostatistics, Mathematics or a related field with at least 2 years of experience in industry or university in research or exploratory development and statistical consultancy
- You have a strong background in standard statistical analysis methodologies and have applied knowledge of advanced statistical models, such as generalized linear models, survival analyses and mixed models. Furthermore you have substantial experience in applying statistical methods to the analysis of multidimensional data and you are proficient in data mining.
- You are proficient with statistical programming tools such as R/Bioconductor, SAS or SAS/JMP. You have adequate levels of IT, data management and programming skills and you are able to provide clear documentation.
- You are familiar with the drug discovery and development process.
- Ideally you possess some essential domain knowledge in molecular biology, genetics , immunology and about the standard measurement technologies (such as immunoassay, NGS, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry).
- Your working style is characterized by a strong team spirit and working in international teams is a source of motivation for you
- You thrive on working interdisciplinary and you are enthusiastic about learning and exploring new fields
- Your fluency in English enables you for an excellent collaboration with colleagues and co-workers from around the world.
We look forward receiving your application!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.