Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As a Maintenance Specialist, you will perform electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. You will dismantle, adjust, repair, and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. You’ll use test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. You will rebuild manufacturing equipment as required. You will also perform equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers. You may use predictive maintenance technologies and techniques in order to improve operational efficiencies.
The Maintenance Specialist position will entail specialized knowledge of a particular area, system, or equipment and requires specific training and certification. You will apply some advanced skill to the position or specialization. You may adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Your duties are generally routine, but may include non-routine tasks. You will resolve most questions and problems and refer only the most complex issues to higher levels. You will apply basic skills and may develop advanced skills appropriate for the position. Your duties and tasks are standardized. You will work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures to accomplish tasks.
You will also be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Performs troubleshooting to determine problems and may be required to do corrective maintenance. Completes preventative maintenance task according to detailed procedures and schedules. May provide emergency call-in support for operations that run during off-hours. Maintain accurate records of all activities.
- Provides technical set-up support for manufacturing areas.
- Performs equipment modifications, including installation, validation support and start-up, of new equipment as well as decommissioning activities.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 4 years related operations or manufacturing experience
- In-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Must be available to work Sunday -Thursday (10:30pm – 7:00am)
- Associates degree or equivalent military training
- Documented experience troubleshooting and repairing the following types of systems: electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic