As Global Senior Packaging Engineer, you support the establishment of a world-class packaging organization by providing technical expertise in the development, qualification and deployment of new packaging systems for non steriles / small molecule products.
You will work on a variety of packaging initiatives and will lead the development and qualification of global packaging solutions of assigned projects for clinical and commercial use. You will play a vital role in designing the best packaging for new molecules coming through the pipeline and launches. This activity involves close cooperation and collaboration with Technical Development Teams, Regulatory, Operations, CMO’s, Quality, Suppliers and other involved stakeholders. The organization is headquartered out of South San Francisco (SSF) and this position will be based in Basel.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Lead packaging development projects within global teams in order to meet predefined timelines and budget
- Deliver innovative packaging solutions to meet patients and business needs. Evaluate and develop new materials and/or alternate packaging materials, packaging solutions or packaging systems based on patient, product, regulatory, business or technical requirements
- Develop and qualify global primary, secondary and tertiary packaging solutions for small molecule products through the packaging lifecycle, understanding customer needs and leveraging the organization
- Ensure compliance with international procedures and external regulations
- Actively support a culture of knowledge sharing and interaction across Global Packaging Development (gPKD)
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior engineers
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science, Mechanical, Chemical, Packaging Engineering or similar; with 8+ years’ experience working in packaging development lifecycle activities in the Pharma, Food or Cosmetic industry.
You bring strong project management skills and experience in cross functional projects. You have technical expertise in packaging test methods for solid oral dosage drugs (DIN/ISO, USP, FDA, MHRA and ISTA/ASTM standards for packaging design and validation / qualification) and regulatory requirements.
Experience in inhalation products, pediatric products or smart packaging design and implementation is a plus.
In addition you bring the following qualifications:
- Technical expertise in packaging equipment (e.g. bottles, blisters, labels, cartons and printing systems). Development of qualification protocols/reports for packaging and shipping qualification activities
- Innovative spirit leading to industry best practices
- Design thinking, design management, driving creativity
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. English language proficiency required; knowledge of German an asset
- Foster team effectiveness, team spirit, team alignment, share risks within the team beyond the function
This position requires approximately 10-20% of traveling.
Please apply until: 1 July 2018.
Contact: Recruiting Team Switzerland, tel. +41 61 682 25 50.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Manufacturing, Manufacturing > Packaging & Labelling