Provide strategic leadership and clear direction based on the Continuous Improvement strategy. It is responsible for driving the implementation of improvement strategies to achieve lean and improvement goals. Assist the Director in driving the vision, core programs, and tools needed to create a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organization. Serves as a change advocate and implements new and innovative improvement tools and methodologies while utilizing lean/six sigma principles. Coaches and teaches others on use and application of the tools. The Sr. Manager will ensure that the team has consistent, effective processes in place to aid in the advancement of improvements and establish critical success factors (CSF) and associated key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure team’s performance. The leader is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the team’s processes.
Assist the Director or senior leadership in overall operations of assigned department(s). Contributes and achieves results through the management of subordinates (professional and support staff). Establishes and manages the department's budget and all assigned resources. Provides leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved. Directs and implements tactical plans. Has full discretion on all employment decisions for department staff including hiring, training, performance management, and progressive disciplinary actions. May lead employees or teams outside of the US and have departmental goals and objectives tied to NA or Global outcomes
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
• Lead team of Continuous Improvement Managers/Leaders in delivery of required improvement projects
• Champion the development, change management, and deployment of a continuous improvement culture. This includes helping to implement a standardized approach to continuous improvement, modeling of lean/six sigma transformation efforts through demonstrated leadership and deployment of tools. Leverage data and metrics to identify and drive process improvement initiatives within the value stream in alignment with overall strategies.
• Influence the creation of a standardized end to end approach to strategic workflow consultancy that creates evidenced-based differentiated value, across a solution portfolio
• Administers standardized and harmonized practices for a consistent continuous improvement culture
• Work with leadership to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support business goals.
Who you are:
• Bachelor degree and 8 years relevant experience
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
• Lean and/or Six Sigma Expert with 5 years’ experience
• Demonstrated consistent ‘Hands On’ experience implementing successful improvement initiatives
• Experienced team leader/manager with 5 years people leadership experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership at all levels of the organization
• Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
• Leadership skills including strategic development, stakeholder management, team building, team mobilization, motivating, conflict resolution, problem solving, and interpersonal and communications skills such as negotiation, influence, and presentation skills.
• Experience in working in global and matrixed environment
• Strong communication, presentation, and language skills (written and verbal)
• Detail oriented, adaptable to change and ambiguity and possesses a willingness to learn
• PMP Certification preferred