As Category Project Specialist, you are part of Roche Global Procurement, and you will be part of the global Travel & Fleet category team, supporting regional and global Category Managers in the execution of Global/Regional Category Strategies.
Global Procurement (GP) is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, GP helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
As the Category Project Specialist Fleet, you are responsible globally, for delivering or supporting strategic projects according to the Travel & Fleet Category Strategy, Business needs and annual pipeline of initiatives.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful execution and completion of these projects using robust project governance and management, and supporting the operationalization and implementation of project outputs by converting outcomes and content into category buying guides or other implementation support materials and guidance.
You will be executing these assigned procurement projects using project management, stakeholder engagement, and Roche’s category and supplier management approaches.
- Executing simple to mid-complex category strategy projects, or sourcing initiatives assigned by Category Management teams to deliver in line with agreed targets.
- Ensuring completion of agreed deliverables quality of customer service.
- Establishing effective project governance by ensuring a robust project structure with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Monitoring and mitigating risk by monitoring the progress of projects and pro-actively identifying and reporting any projected risks, and resolving issues on a timely basis and escalating them where appropriate.
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient handover to the Category teams, regional / site teams for implementation, including converting project outcomes into useable category buying guides or other content.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or Life Science.
- 2 + years procurement experience delivering measurable value in strategic sourcing, enterprise cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects.
- 2+ years of project management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Fleet spend category (company vehicle fleet) and potential cost levers or market fundamentals.
- Business level fluency in English.