What you can expect
- Your task is to enable automation of data analysis in challenging scientific environment of diagnostics industry
- As part of your daily activities you employ and develop state-of-the-art algorithms from the fields of data science, machine learning, bioinformatics and statistics to solve challenging problems. Furthermore, you use modern data analysis systems to automate these tasks.
- You are responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of algorithms and data analysis workflows for automated processing of mass spectrometry data
- You ensure the quality of acquired data and validation of data analysis tools. This is essential to support technical and clinical studies as well of submissions of study results to regulatory authorities
- This position serves as an interface between test and system developers, external and internal business partners and other biostatisticians, therefore, efficient communication is very important
Who you are
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics, statistics or similar, preferably with a PhD
- Work experience in industry or a strong academic track record
- Expertise in development of scientific algorithm and automated data analysis systems: from design and implementation to testing and validation
- Strong data science experience with good understanding of programming and implementation principles of automated data analysis systems
- Experience in working with experimental data and application of mathematical and statistical procedures for data analysis. Practical experience in signal processing methods, machine learning and predictive models is a plus
- Previous experience with mass spectrometry data, e.g. peak integration, raw chromatographic data processing and mass spectrometry data management, is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of appropriate programming languages (e.g. R, Matlab, C etc.)
- Ability to learn and use new statistical and data science methodologies, excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and eager to work in international teams
- Special interest in development of new algorithms for mass spectrometry data processing
- English: fluent in speaking and writing
- Willing to travel
We look forward receiving your application!
Get in touch
K. Seifert +49 8856 607724
Contact for applicants
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (K. Seifert, +49 8856 607724).
For a complete application please add an updated CV, a motivational letter specific to the position and all relevant certificates. Please consider that after submission you won’t be able to add any further documents.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics