Works closely with internal and/ or global partners applying your ability to have technical discussions involving networking, AWS, NFS, Firewalls and security protocols including customer training in a Linux environment as well as performing onsite support for local and regional service activities to ensure success in complex repairs, applications, modifications and first installations.
The Senior Product Support Network Engineer is partnering to service organizations of the Roche affiliates and the Lifecycle-Teams, be able to understand how to work with customer’s networks and input requirements into new product development at Roche.
Contributes to the provision of service deliverables for all relevant milestones in development, product care projects and post- sales surveillance activities e.g. Technical Descriptions, Software Requirement Documents and the participation in service design reviews.
- Creates, reviews and maintains training content and training documentation for job oriented trainings those are executed and supported for end customers, first level support, regional trainers and global staff.
- Offers 2nd level support for customer support, allowing for a fast workaround or solution. Multi Center Evaluation (MCE) studies are actively supported.
- Provides and coordinates onsite support for local and regional service activities to ensure success in complex repairs, applications, modifications and first installations. Supports resolution of customer problems with quick fixes or workarounds.
- Is responsible for the knowledge transfer from manufacturer or R&D (new products or product care projects) to provide comprehensive system knowledge, especially for new product lines and technologies, to trainers, service representatives, customers, Product- and Marketing Managers.
- Is responsible for the availability of Hardware Installation Manuals and timely provision of service relevant information (incl. updates). Ensures the compliance of service activities. Maintenance procedures are designed, reviewed and updated. The commercial impact of maintenance is analyzed, understood and considered for updates.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work related experience, preferably strong computer engineering or networking focus (Pv4, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with complex software products including databases, application servers and distributed systems. Ability to read logs and troubleshoot issues.
- System administration Level with a strong background with Linux Server
- Ability to work with customer’s server
- Familiarity working with cloud provider service, particularly AWS, using APIs and CLI tools is desired.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application Support