Objectives and Scope of Position:
The International MSL Lead for Personalised Healthcare (PHC) will:
- Create a strategy and design for a team of International MSLs (iMSLs) in PHC.
- Build and lead a team of iMSLs to establish the platform, key deliverables and execute on a plan to embed PHC approaches throught the MSL function.
- Work collaboratively with the PHC Center of Excellence and PDMA colleagues to design the approach for future affiliate training, organizational readiness and adoption of MSLs in the PHC space.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Head of the Global MSL within the Customer Strategy department of PDMA initially with transition of reporting to reside within the International MSL Director structure at the time of iMSL staffing.
- Supports the overall strategic direction for the MSL organization in alignment with PHC Center of Excellence.
- Lead and oversee a group of iMSLS who are working across geographical borders.
- Be an active member of relevant internal PHC teams collaborating closely with affiliate medical affairs management and PDMA colleagues.
- Design and ensure tactical delivery of the PHC plan for iMSL activities.
- Ensure insights are communicated to continually inform medical affairs strategies.
- Work acrss therapeutic domains to foster cross therapeutic area strategies and tactics.
- Drives and supports PHC 2.0 in the development and implementation of key medical initiatives.
- Develop robust qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators that demonstrate value in scientific advancement delivered by iMSL/MSL teams.
- Designs organizational development of tools, tactics and templates that will foster best practice sharing and future adoption of PHC 2.0 principles within the affiliate MSL teams.
- Designs and organizes iMSL scientific and skills training events (in collaboration with PDMA Competency Team) to ensure teams have excellent scientific acumen and an ability to deliver scientific content in ways that provide optimal customer-centric experiences.
- In collaboration with PDMA Competency Team, design PHC 2.0 relevant training programs to begin to embed knowledge, skills and expertise across affiliate teams for future capabilities.
- Develop PHC2.0 specific affiliate MSL committees to build and facilitate future strategic direction between global and affiliate teams.
- Facilitate scientific knowledge and external stakeholder profiles and insights to prepare for transition from iMSL to local resourcing when appropriate.
- Collaborate effectively across PDMA and affiliate teams to successfully execute on goals.
- Maintain an overview of the legal, compliance and regulatory issues as it relates to MSLs and provide support to address any compliance issues when needed
Cross functional Support
- Liaises with the other teams within PDMA, GPS, Access, Affiliates, and provides input as required
- Is responsible for acting in line with legal, regulatory and company standards and codes of practice (such as Roche Code of Conduct and any other Roche directives and guidelines) and including all local country policies related to HCP engagement
- Completes all required training modules as a priority
Professional and Technical Requirements
- MSL experience is required
- Professional scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) with affiliate and/or global pharma experience is required
High ethical standards Ability to demonstrate Roche Values Ability to demonstrate Roche Leadership Commitments Strong customer focus Ability to effectively lead and inspire teams Outstanding business acumen Networking and influencing skills Communication & presentation skills Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities Track record of working successfully in a multi-cultural environment
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
At least five years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in an MSL or MSL Lead role. Work experience or project engagements in molecular testing, genomic profiling or other relevant activities. Understands and maintains knowledge of global regulations, guidelines and SOPs, GCP standards and other important business intelligence resources on a concurrent basis. Expert knowledge of company molecules, and pipeline Solid knowledge of drug safety /pharmacovigilance Proven ability to coach and influence Excellence in interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills. Critical assessment skills Expert knowledge of processes and procedures for clinical trial engagements for corporate sponsored and independent supported studies Substantial track record of Scientific collaborations with external experts and/or collaborative groups Proven ability work across cross functional teams and within a matrix structure Has demonstrated Innovative and creative thinking Proven ability to obtain, analyze and use information for effective decision-making Relevant scientific knowledge Knowledge of PDMA processes Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willing to travel internationally and work across cultures
- Creates the organizational strategy and design for the PHC2.0 iMSL team.
- Designs and coordinates the iMSL field implementation of the PHC2.0 strategy.
- Staffs, trains and ensures successful fielding of the iMSL team for PHC2.0.
- Establishes performance metrics and communicates regularly with relevant departments on the progress to goals and measures of iMSL medical value impact.
- Designs and prepares the organization for the broader MSL activities related to PHC2.0 to design a successful transition from iMSL to affiliate MSL teams when appropriate.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Science Liaison