Principal Bioinformatics Support Specialist
Who We Are:
At Roche, 88,500 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Global Customer Support (GCS), a part of Solution Integration & Services (SIS), is the global organization responsible for technical services in the Diagnostics Division.
GCS supports the service organizations of the Roche affiliates and the Lifecycle-Teams in the following areas:
- Drive service requirements into products
- Manage total service spend by analyzing and optimizing costs through product improvements
- Ensure successful launch and on-going support
- Manage end to end spare parts budget and processes
- Design & co-manage key projects
Currently approximately 400 GCS co-workers at 7 main Diagnostic R&D/Manufacturing sites in Rotkreuz, Mannheim, Penzberg, St. Cugat, Panama, Tucson and Pleasanton, build a worldwide network of support and training centers, which provide assistance to local and regional service staff in the Roche Diagnostics affiliates and its external distributors.
- Creates, reviews and maintains training content and training documentation for job oriented trainings in cooperation with regional training centers. Trainings are executed and supported for end customers, first level support, regional trainers and global staff. Establishes and maintains the training methodology for all job oriented trainings.
- Offers 2nd level product support desk for affiliates and regions in order to minimize system down times, allowing for a fast workaround or solution. Multi Center Evaluation (MCE) studies are actively supported.
- Provides and coordinates onsite support for local and regional service activities to ensure success in complex repairs, applications, modifications and first installations. Supports resolution of customer problems with quick fixes or workarounds.
- Is responsible for the knowledge transfer from manufacturer or R&D (new products or product care projects) to provide comprehensive system knowledge, especially for new product lines and technologies, to trainers, service representatives, customers, Product- and Marketing Managers and Case Investigation and Resolution (CIR) members.
- Is accountable to update and maintain a product specific knowledge pool. Is accountable to verify information in terms of correctness and relevance.
- Contributes to the provision of GCS service deliverables for all relevant milestones in development and product care projects. This includes service requirements, the review of Detailed Technical Descriptions (DTDs), Software Requirement Documents (SRDs) and the participation in service design reviews. Supports First Customer Monitoring (FCM).
- Is responsible for the availability of Hardware Installation Manuals and timely provision of service relevant information (incl. updates). Ensures the compliance of service activities. Maintenance procedures are designed, reviewed and updated. The commercial impact of maintenance is analyzed, understood and considered for updates.
WHO ARE YOU:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Possesses enhanced negotiation and influencing skills to clearly convey objectives, deadlines, and expectations.
- Efficiently manages accountabilities to motivate other people to perform at their best. Connects with people in ways that ignite enthusiasm and commitment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or equivalent field; Masters preferred.
- 3 years or higher of experience in customer support for software products, ideally in Biotech/Biomedical sciences or Diagnostic Markets
- Good knowledge of genomics, including experience with secondary and tertiary analysis of NGS data
- Good knowledge of public annotation and interpretation databases, tools, algorithms for sequencing data
- Highly Proficient in bash, python, R
- High degree of familiarity with Debian- and RedHat-based distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS), particularly with system service and process configurations.
- Good Understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience with networking fundamentals and services (IPv4, DNS, DHCP, etc) is aplus
- Experience with application and system monitoring is desired.
- Experience in creating content for training and strong presentation skills
- Effective Communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application SupportPleasanton, Santa Clara