You will be part of the Roche Pharma BI&MDM Data Science Lab located in Basel reporting to the Head of Data Science within the Global Informatics Solutions (GIS). The team consists of data scientists and computing experts in Warsaw and Basel. The aim is to apply Data Science in various business areas e.g. logistics, finance, commercial, manufacturing, supply chain, RealWorldData (RWD) in order to generate value for Roche.
As Senior Data Scientist you will be responsible for driving Data Science experiments assigned to you as well as supervising, coaching other teams members/experiments.
As Senior Data Scientist you will typically be expected to contribute to a broad range of business questions, lead and deliver on complex projects, and interact with business partners and academia independently. You will drive the application of strategies and concepts and determine best course of action. You will drive creation of best practices, and proactively share learnings/experience with colleagues both internal and external to the function.
- Drive the execution of data science experiments based on business questions and data. Engage with customers and business-facing IT.
- Performing high quality, timely and accurate analyses using appropriate state-of-the-art methodologies and tools
- Identify and propose novel approaches, algorithms, tools and insert these into the Data Science Lab/community
- As a senior data scientist, support/coach other team members on data science experiments they are working on
- Contribute to the design and use of statistical models, algorithms, tools etc.
- Support the evaluation of the designed models
- Train team members on the design and scientific background of statistical models, algorithms, tools etc.
- Contribute and be integrated into the established processes of the Data Science Lab
You bring the following qualification:
- MSc, PhD or advanced degree in data science related field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science)
- Substantial experience (+6 years) in applying statistical modeling, machine learning, exploratory, and confirmatory data analysis in mid to large volume data sets
- Substantial experience with R and/or Python
- Experience using Hadoop ecosystem
- Knowledge in Text Analytics, NLP, Forecasting, Anomaly Detection, Image Processing would be an asset
- Additional experience with relational data sources and visualization tools e.g. Shiny
- Good verbal and writing communication skills in English
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Modelling & Simulation