Field Engineering Specialist - Chicago,IL - CD
Territory: Chicago, IL and must live or will be willing to relocate.
This is an exciting time to join Roche Support Network. If you are passionate for problem solving then this is the position for you! As a research-focused healthcare company, Roche discovers, develops and provides innovative diagnostics and therapeutic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals - from early detection and prevention of diseases to diagnostics, treatment and treatment monitoring. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
The Roche Support Network group is committed to providing industry-defining support to its customers. As a Field Engineering Specialist, you will have the opportunity to travel and demonstrate your expertise as a technical repair and/or installation specialist for Roche assigned product lines, and provide valued service to your laboratory customers in an assigned territory.
The Field Engineering Specialist, Clinical Chemistry in the Roche Support Network, position serves as a technical repair or installation specialist for Roche products for assigned product lines and geographies.
The Roche FES also:
• Provides routine technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects of system equipment
• Performs on-site service, repair and/or installation of company products - This may include any aspect of field support and is not limited to mechanical/system hardware and software, networking/wireless networking
• Serves as customer contact on routine technical and service related problems
• Schedules and performs preventative maintenance per department policy
• Monitors customer equipment performance and is able to respond and resolve most routine issues
• Refers complex problems and issues to higher levels
• Receives training and delivers service within the normal scope of the position
• Follows documented practices, policies and procedures in providing repair and installation support
• Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using established procedures
• Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
• Provides analysis, feedback and recommendations on product failure trends and service ability issues
• Documents all activity in a manner compliant with company’s quality procedures
• Is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions
• Is responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Roche equipment and related products
• Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base
• Manages customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality
• Identifies revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, implements the Roche Diagnostics service agreement policy, and seeks out opportunities to market service contracts to existing customers
• Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property
Who you are:
• High school diploma and 2 years of technical school or equivalent military training or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of progressive experience repairing or servicing mechanical/system hardware and software, or networking/wireless networking
• Successfully training or certification as defined by RD Services Leadership and policy
• Advanced knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanical systems, and information technology
• Ability to serve as an internal technical resource for lower level staff
• Knowledge of basic chemistry
• Ability to work after hours, provide weekend and holiday support on a rotated basis within an assigned territory and/or geographic region and be on call 24/7 during rotation
• Good written/verbal communication, organization and prioritization skill
• Effective customer service skills, which includes a positive attitude, helpful customer interaction, and maintenance of ongoing customer relationships
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application SupportUSA - Field