Senior HR Director, Diabetes Care US
The Head of HR Diabetes Care US has overall responsibility for defining and executing the Human Resources strategic plan in order to meet Diabetes Care business needs and will be a key Member of the local DC Leadership Team as well as a member of the Global DC HR Leadership Team. The role will be responsible for establishing strong HR governance, partnering with the business to craft and execute value-enhancing initiatives, drive operational efficiencies and provide professional HR services, including specialist functions. This position will play a significant role in shaping and establishing the local organization as well as ensuring effective implementation and management of HR processes and services for Roche Diabetes Care, based on the Roche HR framework. Responsible for the HR business partner role for Roche Diabetes Care US, contributing to company performance and accomplishment of its objectives, people development, and employee engagement. This position reports to the General Manager (Head of North America Commercial / Site Head).
Provides strategic decision making, leadership and planning including the efficient and effective use of resources. Achieves results through the leadership of managerial, professional and/or support staff. Delegates responsibilities to subordinate staff. Sets policy and strategy for own department. Has full HR responsibility for direct and indirect reports. Has full budget responsibility for assigned functional area or departments.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Define and execute the Human Resources strategic plan in order to meet business needs
- Provide guidance to the General Manager and to the members of the Diabetes Care Management Team on the strategic management of people and accomplishment of business results.
- Proactively identify the organization’s needs in order to have the right people when they are needed (Workforce planning, strategic development and accomplishment of high employee commitment and engagement).
- Manage all aspects of Diabetes Care employee relations including policy development and implementation, managing organizational changes and consultation processes.
- Act as the company’s representative with official organizations or agencies, labor authorities and private social organizations.
- Support internal communications contributing to the division’s future success as well as employee engagement.
- Plan and manage the HR budget including the division’s salary budget.
- Lead and develop the HR team in the provision of a professional HR service and manage the contributions of the shared service functions (e.g. Payroll, Shared Service Center, Benefits).
You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Management or related field
- 10+ years human resource or related business experience, including some experience leading human resources of a site or affiliate covering all HR functions
- 5+ years leadership experience within Human Resources, including direct people leadership responsibility
- Experience working in a multinational corporation environment (e.g. enterprise setup), with experience living and working in another country preferred
- Current and expert knowledge of U.S. employment and labor law
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast moving, professional business environment
- Ability to operate independently
- Demonstrated competence in strategic thinking and awareness of wider business issues
- Change management experience
- Proven ability to lead by example and demonstrate strong feedback skills, results orientation and a genuine interest in people and their advancement
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Resources, Human Resources > HR Business PartneringIndianapolis