Director Strategic Portfolio Management
- Leads the Strategic Portfolio Management team at RTD. Hires, develops and retains talent.
- Ensures proper training and processes are in place and that resources are optimally used to deliver on accountabilities within budget and on time.
- Represents the Strategic Portfolio Management function in Project Business Reviews. Ensures that business assumptions are consistent across all projects.
- Conducts workshops with Life Cycle Teams (LCTs) and the LCC, to align our portfolio with market opportunities and optimize overall portfolio value. Leads strategic and portfolio analyses and development of scenarios that can guide strategic decision making.
- Maintains and communicates integrated roadmaps for RTD, in close collaboration with the LCTs.
- Leads the annual strategy review process: supports LCLs and functions in establishing their strategies in alignment with the RTD VISTA Strategy.
- Actively drives the Stretch & Pipeline planning with the Lifecycle Teams and in collaboration with Finance. Drives the annual project prioritization process for the Strategic Portfolio Management function.
- Drives the agenda for the Ventana Innovation Committee (VIC) to ensure alignment between the research portfolio and Lifecycle strategies.
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
- BS/BA in Life Sciences field, Marketing, Business or Economics or other relevant field.
- MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience required in strategic portfolio management, strategic marketing, and /or strategy marketing within health care (human In Vitro Diagnostics or pharmaceuticals). Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3+ years’ experience in a role working with and supporting senior leadership. 3+ years’ direct personnel management and budget responsibility.
- International experience in a large In Vitro Diagnostics or pharmaceutical company preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skill in challenging senior leaders in the context of strategic discussions in relation to market and portfolio data.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and adapt to change.
- Proven ability to start and drive initiatives to successful outcomes in a cross-functional team environment, leading teams and influencing stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to think strategically with strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to switch between “big picture” and “detail oriented.”
- Strong knowledge base of Financial modeling and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and related products.
- Excellent written and oral communications including excellent presentation skills.
International and Domestic travel may be requested up to 20%.
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Business Development, Business Development > Strategic Business DevelopmentTucson