We are seeking an independent and highly motivated researcher for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Data Science department within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) to develop and apply cutting edge computational methods for the analysis of genetic perturbation screen data. You will systematically analyse and integrate large-scale molecular data to understand the interplay between genetic background and disease relevance of genes. The goal of the project is to establish a reliable computational platform for analysis of CRISPR/shRNA data using statistical and machine learning approaches.
As a Postdoc Fellow you will lead a project that aims to interrogate all available data sources, and with the use of advanced analytics enable scientists to judge experimental findings and even further find opportunities for improvement of currently established procedures.
You will work closely with data scientists as well as disease area specialists to contribute directly to research and clinical projects with the aim of high impact publications. The project will be supervised by an academic collaborator who will also act as your research mentor. You will have the opportunity to become a member of the Advanced Analytic Network (AAN) within Roche with exposure to multiple Roche analytical groups.
In this position you will:
- Benefit from the mentoring and collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of scientists at Roche and an academic partner
- Translate data-based findings into target opportunities, drive and evaluate experimental design
- Apply cutting edge analytical methods to investigate patient-tailored treatment options
- Be expected to present your findings at key international conferences and publication of scientific advances (after appropriate IP-protection) as well as interacting with the academic community.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- You have obtained a PhD no longer than 3 years ago in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Genomics or Natural Science with equivalent experience. In addition, you have knowledge in the area of data science and you have demonstrated your ability of implementing innovative data mining solutions to facilitate scientific progress.
- You have a formal background in machine learning, statistics or applied mathematics
- You are a specialist in implementing your ideas using Python or any of the following: Java, C/C++, R statistics, various pipelining and visualization tools
- You performed cutting-edge science and published as first leading author in top tier journals
- You are extremely motivated to drive projects, design and perform experiments on the highest level
- Basic knowledge of genetic perturbation screens such as CRISPR/Cas9 or shRNA is of advantage
- You have a profound understanding of complex biology and are eager to identify underlying mechanisms and to drive next generation therapeutics
- We can trust in your strong team spirit and your willingness to work in international teams
- In addition, you are interested to work interdisciplinary and you are ready to learn and explore new fields
- You have good communication and presentation skills and enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent English skills, written and spoken, complete your profile
This position is a fixed termed to 2 years.
For questions, please contact our Recruiting Team Switzerland at +41 61 682 2550
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research