BioSpecimen Management (BSM) function at Roche Molecular Diagnostics (RMD) drives the collection, characterization, construct, and management of biological materials and tailored solutions to empower innovation furthering business strategies at Roche Molecular Solutions (RMS).
This position, reporting into BSM, facilitates the planning and implementation of sample collection projects in collaboration with strategic partnerships to deliver diverse biological solutions fit to effectively address RMS Life Cycle Team objectives.
This position is located at the Roche Diagnostics International campus in Rotkreuz, Switzerland.
- Develops biological material collection processes in collaboration with the team, and facilitates the implementation at BSM service locations
- Delivers on biological material collection projects, per commitments and prioritizes resources to ensure flexible delivery to Roche clients
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships to provide a portfolio of agile biological material solutions to Roche clients
- Collaborates with user groups at various Roche Diagnostics locations to ensure that requirements for biological materials are agreed to and documented per traceable methods, project progress communicated on a periodic basis, and deliverables met per commitment
- In collaboration with the team leader, develops sample collection protocols, negotiates collection study contracts, facilitates purchase requisitions, and collaborates with partners to acquire biological materials of interest to RMS's projects, in compliance with Good Clinical Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, Quality, Business, and Industry best practices/standards
- Maintains compliance with BSM processes, including, but not limited to, the collection and maintenance of legal, regulatory, and ethics documentation, accurate and complete data set, managing material logistics with operating permits, and maintaining information in a validated laboratory information management system per Good Clinical Practices and Quality Standards
- Adheres to service performance metrics, and provides periodic updates
- Maintains an awareness of industry trends, and fosters a growth mindset to build innovative service portfolio
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Position Requirements & Experience
- BS/MS in biological discipline or related field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Biobanking and/or specimen acquisition experience is highly desired
- 5+ years’ relevant experience is required. Experience in conducting clinical trials, interfacing with partners and biospecimen acquisition would be a plus
- 1+ years’ of leading projects is desirable
Personal Characteristics & Cultural Fit
- Growth, agile mindset with a drive to build innovative service culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present information to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to coach, lead and motivate others in global, matrix environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with efficiency; and capable of handling multiple projects
- Truly passionate about the importance of clinical specimens and management.
- Results and goals oriented
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Quality, Quality > Quality Validation