A field-based resource for TAEs and investigators delivering the scientific information that they require in the context of their work, in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes, and Roche/GNE SOPs.
Establish long-term, peer-to-peer relationships with TAEs and investigators in a given therapeutic field and deliver quality interactions and services that bring value to physicians, and that are aligned with Roche/GNE strategies.
Contribute to and implement the tactical / field medical plans in collaboration with Country Medical Manager (CMM)/ Therapeutic Medical Leader.
Identify opportunities for collaborations between the company and the TAEs and investigators.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL):
- Is an affiliate role
- A non-promotional, field-based role reporting to the medical department
- Works closely together with the CMM to support the Product Teams in a specific Therapeutic Area
- A senior manager/leader in the medical department e.g. CMM, Therapeutic Area Lead/Director
- Direct Reports: None
- Interacting with HCPs to understand their views, preferences and interests, in the assigned therapeutic area, and where Roche / GNE can partner with them to meet their needs where aligned with our strategies
- Providing medical expertise to customers, and customer insights to internal product teams
- Responding to unsolicited, product related questions from physicians in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes and Roche/GNE SOPs
- Serving as the scientific bridge and point of contact with the investigator for ISTs, and supporting Roche/GNE sponsored study planning and execution including enhancing the site’s performance and quality (see Key Activities – Data Generation)
- Understanding and acting in line with legal, regulatory and company standards and codes of practice (such as Roche/GNE Code of Conduct and any other directives, SOPs and guidelines)
- Inform Local Safety Responsible of safety issues according to Roche/GNE safety SOPs; and provide scientific support and follow-up on product safety issues
- Interact with HCPs to understand their views, preferences and interests and where Roche / GNE can partner with them to meet their needs where aligned with our strategies
- Help profile physician practices, needs, preferences and views of new data
- Determine physician interest in ongoing research and educational events
- Participate/support the CMMs in the execution of regional advisory boards
- Acquire physician perspectives on competitive compounds / clinical studies
- Provide support to speakers on the development of materials
- Receiving ISTs, championing the review of ISTs within the company, and following-up with investigators, in accordance to all local laws and regulations
- Support site feasibility assessments, site development plan, recruitment, retention of patients enrolled in trials and enhancement of site management
- Of Phase I-IIIa clinical studies under the direction of PD
- Of Phase IIIb-IV Medical Affairs clinical studies in collaboration with Clinical Operations
- Respond to unsolicited questions from HCPs in accordance to local laws, regulations and codes and Roche/GNE SOPs, facilitate their needs of up to date scientific data, including but not limited to publications of clinical trials, guidelines, by ensuring they have the best quality available information they require
- Work with CMM on the affiliate knowledge exchange strategy and execution, including preparation of presentations and scientific papers in their therapeutic area