Roche Innovation Center Copenhagen A/S (RICC) is the home of RNA Therapeutics Research (RTR) for Roche Pharma Research & Early Development (pRED) located in Hørsholm north of Copenhagen. We are a company which brings together a multidisciplinary team of scientists with experience, talent and commitment to deliver broadly on the promise of RNA medicines.
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal scientist to join our Drug Discovery department. You will be part of a team, consisting of skilled and engaged Discovery scientists who are responsible for driving Discovery programs based on the Locked Nucleic Acid (LNA) Drug Platform, in a variety of disease areas.
Your role will be to manage discovery projects within the RNA therapeutics technology area. To be successful in this position it is crucial to understand the environment in Biotech discovery programs. On a daily basis, you prefer to be hands-on with the research and at the same time to lead stakeholders in both internal and external lines through the process in accordance with defined plans and milestones.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead the LNA platform, lead identification and biological characterization expertise in RNA Therapeutics Drug Discovery projects in close collaboration with the Therapeutic Area Project leader in Basel, from project idea to entry into GLP tox
- Interact with scientists and technicians to plan, execute and analyze experiments
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Create project plans and define milestones with stakeholders
- Ensure sufficient resource allocation to deliver on time
- Actively participate in supporting an engaging atmosphere