To provide financial and logistics management and governance to the company, accurate planning and reports processes within the right time, ensure compliance with the Corporate & Divisional guidelines, lead the finance and logistics teams, being part of the business.
- Lead a multifunctional team (Accounting, Controlling, Logistics, Procurement, and Compliance) based on Roche Leadership Commitment principles.
- Establish strong working relationships in which to challenge, influence and shape the strategic and financial direction of the organization
- Set clear goals & objectives for the Finance department that are aligned with DIA Finance functional goals and are relevant to the local/regional business goals.
- Manage the performance, development & succession of the local Finance department according to Roche HR practices.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential finance employees fully utilizing all global, regional and local development opportunities.
Reporting, Analysis, Forecasting and Planning Responsibilities
- Support business with timely and accurate financial information and KPIs
- Guide business in meeting short to long term goals by providing relevant financial as well as non-financial information and business insights.
- Drive the business plan, budgets and MO processes with local management and exercise a critical and independent review of the information submitted.
- Identify key challenges and opportunities and assess their impact on the organization.
- Assess the company’s business performance, both financial and non-financial performance and advice management team of relevant risks, conflicts, opportunities and challenges
- Provide leadership in allocating financial resources in line with profitability objectives of the company
- Play an active role as member of the senior leadership team ensuring commercial and compliance rigor across all company activities.
Finance Operations Responsibilities
- Ensure integrity and reliability of financial statements (results) of the company/division
- Manage the local finance and accounting function and ensure adherence to Roche Group Accounting (FGA), as well as local accounting standards.
- Meet all financial reporting requirements internally within the company (group reporting, functional/regional reporting) and externally including statutory and fiscal reporting requirements if applicable
- Assume direct responsibility for implementing and maintaining internal controls over key business processes and financial reporting (ICFR).
- Manage the credit management function, processes and exposures as it applies.
- Optimize and manage the company’s tax and treasury situation together with Corporate Finance as applicable.
- Liaise with Corporate and External Auditors in conducting internal audits and managing risks as applicable.
Procurement & Operations
- Ensure reliable and efficient P2P process with strong controls and transparency
- Establish and meet procurement savings targets
- Review, update and enforce procurement related SOPs
- Ensure supplier’s adherence to Roche Code of Conduct
- Ensure compliance policies are put in place and followed according to the Group and Divisional Compliance guidelines.
- Ensure the local projects portfolio is managed according to the organization needs and priorities.
- Oversee that all related aspects to supply chain management (such as forecasts, demand planning, order processing, inventory management and forecast accuracy) are properly supervised.
- Coordinate efforts among Business, Logistics, Quality and distributors to minimize the level of write offs.
- Ensure Compliance is embedded in the organization, making sure to keep the right awareness level.
- Coordination of all initiatives linked to Compliance (Questionnaires, e-learnings, Incident reporting, etc…)
- Ensures that legal matters and activities (contract reviews, legal capital structure, board member and legal representatives appointment.) are timely addressed internally or with support from external legal counsels.
- Responsible for pricing, together with Divisional Finance to define transfer pricing.
- Liaise with local distributors and clients and the business for contract negotiation and deal calculations (GDC)
- Ensure an adequate level of client profitability
- Member of the local leadership team, and regional FM/ODG controller team