As a major element of Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (Roche pRED), the Therapeutic Modalities (TMo) function is responsible for creating innovative drug candidates for all Roche pRED Discovery and Translational areas (DTAs), spanning small molecules, biologics and nucleic acid-based therapeutics. As part of TMo, the Chemical Biology (CB) department focuses on the success of Roche’s preclinical pipeline by delivering leading edge science through strong expertise in high-throughput, DNA-encoded and phenotypic cell-based screening platforms, translational protein science, enzymology, biophysics, stem-cell platforms, structural biology, and computer-aided drug discovery (CADD).
As a CADD scientist you will:
- Be an active member of drug discovery teams and a key contributor to their successes
- Devise and implement testable hypotheses to formulate medicinal chemistry design strategies and inform biophysics and enzymology driven approaches
- Integrate experimental data and apply computational approaches to generate knowledge and insights at the molecular level
- Conduct scientific research in specific cheminformatics and molecular modeling areas applicable to drug discovery
- Contribute to the overall CADD strategy and play an active part in its implementation
- Maintain an internal and external scientific presence by authoring significant scientific presentations and publications