This is your opportunity to become part of a highly motivated Data Science Team at the Roche Innovation Center Basel. The position is focusing on providing timely analytical solutions for information driven decision making in drug development project teams using a combination of analytical, informatics and computational skills and scientific domain knowledge.
You will work closely with scientists in Pharma Research and Early Development and you will be collaborating with other data experts and business stakeholders to contribute directly to research and clinical projects. As part of our team you will apply diverse capabilities like machine learning, bioinformatics, cheminformatics and statistics to retrieve and analyze data to generate new insights into drug development and research supporting the scientists in their decision making process.
You are a self-motivated and focused person who brings new skills and ideas to the team and that is passionate about supporting the scientific community and creating measureable scientific and business impact.
As a data scientist at Roche
- You will collaborate with research scientists and other data experts to identify and address data analysis needs in drug discovery project teams
- You will explore and identify analytic opportunities by collecting new data or mining existing data, particularly using machine learning
- You will proactively conduct data analysis to guide drug discovery projects and you will mine public and in-house genomic data to gain useful insights with a thorough understanding of and focus on the scientific and business context and its needs
- You will participate in the design, the development and the delivery of tailored end user support in making best use of available data sources from the Roche information portfolio
- You will as well contribute to the overall team effectiveness by creating and disseminating new analytics frameworks, methodologies and practices