Works with a highly collaborative team of imaging scientists, software developers, and scientists in medicine and biology to solve image and data analysis problems in the field of Digital Pathology. Performs research and development activities for technology assessment, internal project collaborations, and commercial medical devices independently and as technical lead of project groups. Devises technology and advances the team’s method portfolio in the field of image processing, machine learning, pattern recognition, and data mining.
- Designs and implements innovative algorithms to analyze histopathology images and data as individual contributor or technical lead of a project team.
- Designs and implements analysis algorithms and software platforms for prototyping and commercial product development.
- Optimizes algorithms and platforms for efficiency, accuracy, performance, and scalability.
- Collaborates with and leads other members of a project team to meet defined scientific and technical goals.
- Interacts in a multidisciplinary environment with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., pathologists, biochemists, instrumentation engineers, software engineers, and marketing representatives).
- Organizes and tracks requirements, deliveries, and project time lines.
- Keeps up-to-date with technology advances, the competitive landscape, and job training requirements in the medical device industry.
- Provides leadership in selecting new research directions and coordination in execution of the team’s technical goals.
- Generates Intellectual Property for technology and applications.
- Presents results and project proposals to project partners, collaboration partners within the Roche group, customers, and at scientific conferences.
- Provides technical direction, mentorship, guidance and feedback to others.