Roche pRED Oncology translates world-class science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talents located across five research centers worldwide (Innovation Center Basel, Penzberg, Welwyn, New York, and Zurich).
We are seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and talented Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate to join our cancer biology team focused on the discovery of novel anti-cancer agents.
You will be a member of the Molecular Targeted Therapies (MTT) group located at Roche
Innovation Center Basel working in a team of approximately 30 cancer biologists supported by Roche’s Small Molecule Research (SMR) and Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) functions to evaluate candidate therapies in state-of- the art molecular, cellular and in vivo pharmacology laboratories.
The group you will integrate is focusing on the development of innovative small molecules in immuno-oncology. You will be in charge of the development and the implementation of assays enabling the validation new potential targets and the characterization of small molecule inhibitors in human and mouse primary immune cells.
Core tasks and responsibilities:
- Address fundamental scientific questions, be responsible for the design and execution of experimental work, and conduct data analysis.
- Develop and run assays mainly focusing on in vitro immune cell assays (e.g. T-cell tumour lysis assays, T-cell cross presentation assays, T-cell proliferation assays).
- Isolate and cultivate primary human and mouse immune cells.
- Characterize compounds in different cellular assays.
- Coordinate and manage multiple orthogonal studies.
- Share knowledge by enthusiastic collaboration with other scientists and associates Inside and outside the group.
- Attend and present at internal meetings.
- Keep accurate electronic records.
- Manage interns and/or apprentices.