R&D Bioinformatics Expert
The Roche Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realisation of truly Personalised Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for patients.
We are shaping the digitalization of Pharma R&D at Roche, and we are growing. For our vision to come true, we need innovative, dedicated people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Currently, we are looking for Research Informatics/Bioinformatics talent with a good understanding of large molecule drug discovery. Join us in creating the future of research for patients with information technology solutions at the forefront of innovation!
- You will be a key contributor to our strategic initiative on improving the effectiveness of laboratory processes and decision making, with focus on automated data flow, data integration and data consolidation in biologics research labs
- You will establish and nurture effective partnerships with scientists, internal IT specialists and software companies to assess existing processes and workflows for optimization opportunities
- You will propose and prototype appropriate informatics solutions and validate scientific models to automate laboratory processes, and collaborate with technical teams to optimize the solutions towards higher performance, robustness, and scalability
- You will support us in advancing our state-of-the-art application landscape to facilitate complex research activities by leading or collaborating in local and global informatics projects
- You have a university degree, preferably a PhD, in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biology, Biochemistry, or Engineering, and several years of professional experience in life science or research informatics
- You are a self-motivated quick learner who enjoys entering into new areas
- You are a person who takes initiative courageously and creatively and loves to see your ideas implemented through teamwork in a dynamic customer oriented environment
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing informatics projects in a life science environment and are attracted by the challenges of designing and implementing innovative software solutions for biologics research
- You bring a broad understanding of laboratory instruments and workflows, ideally with working expertise in automating laboratory processes
- You have expertise in biologics drug discovery in pharmaceutical research and associated software tools, programming and scripting languages, web service and database technologies, as well as data processing solutions such as Pipeline Pilot, R or Spotfire
- Your profile is rounded off by having very good presentation and communication skills in English. Good knowledge of German would be an advantage
Get in touch with the Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research InformaticsZurich