Senior Data Scientist – R&D Informatics
The Roche Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realization of truly Personalized Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for patients.
We are shaping the digitization of Pharma R&D at Roche, and we are growing. We need innovative, dedicated people from a wide variety of backgrounds as we realize our vision.
Data Science is part of Roche’s Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics function. We are supporting our growing engagement to provide Digital Biomarkers to clinical study teams. In our team we focus on developing new algorithms to extract clinically relevant information from data captured with a variety of sensors and to interpret, visualize, and report these to different stakeholders.
As a Senior Data Scientist, your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding clinical disease phenomenology to propose meaningful features that can be gathered by digital devices
- Implementing robust algorithms using established and novel methods to extract disease relevant measures from sensor data
- Presenting approaches, algorithms, and findings to a broad variety of stakeholders
- Being an influential contributor to the success of a multi-disciplinary team
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who possesses a PhD or has comparable experience in medicine, life sciences, math, physics, or a related discipline and has excellent communication skills and thrive in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver excellent results. If you bring as well the set of skills and expertise listed below, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
- Experience in publishing mathematical/statistical findings in biomedical journals
- Knowledge in disease biology and phenomenology preferably in the area of neuro science
- Excellent skills in data analysis, signal processing, image analysis, machine learning, time series analysis
- Expertise in implementing your ideas preferably in Python and being able to switch to new tools and frameworks easily
Get in touch with the Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.