Material Handler: 2nd Shift 3:00pm- 11:30 pm
Responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items as necessary. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment. Examines, stocks and distributes materials to inventory and manufacturing lines. May prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- Receiving - Receives, inspects and prioritizes distribution of goods, materials, supplies and/or products, ensuring accurate quantities and completing records. Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department or individual.
- Storage - Uses various types of material handling equipment (manual and automated) to move and store materials in accordance with established procedures and/or regulatory standards (i.e., DOT, OSHA). Stages materials to be loaded onto trucks. Inspects materials on a regular basis to verify correct lot numbers, quantities, code numbers, product damage, expiration dates, etc. Performs physical inventory, relocation and consolidation of stock. Assist with material destruction to ensure efficient usage of space. Replenishes stock as necessary to ensure an adequate supply of products, goods and/or materials.
- Picking/Packing - Selects, consolidates and packs products/goods for shipment upon receipt of order. Handles returned goods in accordance with established procedures for the redistribution, repackaging, and/or retesting of the goods.
- Transporting/Delivery - Transports materials, supplies and/or products. May drive vehicle to pick up or deliver materials/supplies. Transfers materials to and from storage area. Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department or individual.
- Shipping - Loads and unloads trailers and freight carriers by hand or with mechanical equipment in accordance with Dept of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Completes and ensures accuracy of records.
- Other - Uses SAP to print product labels, issue goods, and track inventory. Maintains required logs, records and statistics. Follows established Corporate and regulatory safety and security procedures which includes the handling of hazardous materials. Maintains a safe and clean area in accordance with GMP guidelines and OSH regulations.
- Required: High School diploma, or GED, or related field, or equivalent combination or education and work related experience.
- Required: Warehousing and/ or distribution.. Handing the receipt, storage and/or disbursement/delivery of goods and materials.
- Equivalent combination or education and work related experience.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred: Receipt and inventory of goods and materials.
- Proper handling of goods, materials.
- Knowledge of OSHA, IATA, ISO, DOT, GMP, SAP and QSR desired.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment depending on area of assignment.
- Ability to operate postage machines/meters, and various tools and office supplies.
- Required: Valid driver’s license depending on area of assignment.
- Preferred: CDL license preferred but not required.
- As needed, based on business needs.