Who We Are
Roche's Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics (pREDi) team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We use digital technology to help drive medical innovation, truly Personalised Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for patients.
The pREDi Digital Biomarker team leverage smartphones, wearables and other remote monitoring technologies to collect objective, sensitive and continuous sensor data and drive the development of novel endpoints. Together with a cross-functional Roche-team, we create innovative remote monitoring concepts, implement them, deploy them in clinical trials, develop outcomes with the data, and seek community- and regulatory acceptance. Our focus is on accelerating clinical development of novel therapies for patients, and creating the scientific foundations for disease monitoring and screening solutions in clinical practice.
You will be joining a team at Roche that is committed to redefining the measurement of MS disease progression in clinical development and clinical practice. You are a forward thinking innovator who can draw on deep clinical neuroscience, digital technology and project management experience to help shape and implement remote patient monitoring solutions in clinical development programs.
As a Digital Biomarker Science and Study Manager you will:
- collaborate with clinical development teams, scientists, patients and physicians to plan and design remote patient monitoring (RPM) concepts based on the newest scientific literature and available data
- ensure RPM solutions are implemented, integrated or sourced to most effectively meet the needs of the programs, including shaping relevant aspects of clinical trial design, protocols and informed consents
- project manage the deployment of RPM solutions into clinical studies - this includes the development of user requirements, as well as significant interfacing between scientists, physicians and patients on the one hand and user experience and software engineering teams on the other
- develop and deliver trainings on the RPM solutions to physicians and study coordinators in our clinical trials
- ensure the quality of the support provided in our clinical trials, as well as provide operational support
- present digital biomarker data analysis results to internal and external expert audiences, to help build trust and support for this new data type
- manage internal and external stakeholders
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. If you bring the following qualifications, we are looking forward to your application:
- real passion for transforming healthcare using digital technology, especially for modernizing clinical endpoints in drug development and improving disease management and patient care
- advanced degree in cognitive or clinical neuroscience, medical technology or engineering, computer science, or a related medical or natural science discipline - other academic backgrounds will be considered for people with significant relevant experience
- experience with developing and applying digital solutions for clinical research, ideally in a pharmaceutical or related industry setting - experience with remote patient monitoring and sensor data capture is highly desirable
- excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- proven project management skills, including the ability to shape and manage project scope and effectively delegate
- structured approach, with an ability to work in complex, fast changing environments
- scientific, data driven mindset
- self-starting, problem solving attitude
- demonstrated interest and ability to learn new things
- ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders and influence without authority
- strong business English
Should you have these additional nice-to-have skills, you might be the team member we are looking for:
- experience with software development projects, and especially with functional requirement models like use case and user story development, and requirement gathering
- experience with user experience design
- previous experience designing information workflows and with analyzing data
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now. Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Helpful links illustrating recent work the pREDi Digital Biomarker team has made an important contribution to :
Roche Digital Biomarker programme overview:
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Recherche et développement, Recherche et développement > Recherche