Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent located across seven research sites worldwide. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
pRED Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) is a single Global Function, comprised of seven research units, spanning six sites across three continents, covering the areas of Investigative Safety; Project Leaders and Modeling & Simulation; Clinical Pharmacology and Bioanalytical R&D; Strategic Outsourcing, Operations and Externalization; Comparative Toxicology and Pharmacology; BiOmics and Pathology.
In BiOmics (Biomarkers, Bioinformatics and Omics) and Pathology, we provide expert solutions to pRED projects by generating and integrating molecular, cellular, tissue and functional data.
This way, we deliver unique and holistic insights into drug safety and efficacy and enable informed decisions to bring the best drugs to patients.
As a Clinical Biomarker Scientist you will support validation and implementation of approaches for biomarker analysis on pRED clinical trials in China to support dose finding, MoA confirmation and patient stratification to enable personalized healthcare (PHC). You will harness your expertise in genetic and genomic biomarker technologies, such as Next Generation sequencing, and support the qualification and validation of biomarker assays in Roche research laboratories in China and at external service providers and to contribute to robust, compliant implementation in clinical trials. In addition you will embrace and facilitate integration of novel science and genetic and genomic technologies. You will collaborate across a multitude of pRED disciplines with scientists in Shanghai as well as at Roche sites in Europe and the US.
- Support qualification, validation and implementation of genetic and genomic biomarker assays at external service providers in China for use in Phase 1 and 2 pRED clinical trials.
- Contribute to genetic and genomic biomarker analysis at external service providers in China to ensure highest quality and GCP compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality biomarker data and creating reports to support the project biology or biomarker teams.
- Contribute to the development of genetic&genomic biomarker strategies and interpretation of biomarker data as member of pRED Biomarker Matrix Teams
- The Clinical Biomarker Scientist Genetics&Genomics has initial experience in genetic&genomic biomarker assay qualification e.g., PhD with at least 2 years post-PhD experience.
- As the ideal candidate you have expertise in genetic&genomic technologies and the qualification of biomarker assays as well as their implementation at external service providers according to Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
- You used to work in matrix teams and are a team player
- You have excellent communication skills both in Chinese and English
- You display self-initiative and a strong sense of accountability with an ability and willingness to challenge, be challenged and learn.
- You are a rigorous scientist and passionate about genetic&genomic innovation.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.