At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
pRED (Pharma Research and Early Development) Operations drives the transformation with fundamental improvement in efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and compliance. The networks of contractual relationships between external professionals, providers and research organizations have become increasingly complex.
We are seeking an independent motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work on the interphase of Lipid Biology and Neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's disease. The position will be shared between laboratories in the Neurodegeneration Section of Neuroscience and of Lead Discovery of Therapeutic Modalities at Roche pRED.
You will play a key role in leveraging our expertise in stem-cell derived neuronal / glial models and genetic screening using CRISPR / Cas9 technology and will be part of the RPF postdoctoral program.
This fellowship will be integrated in our drug discovery efforts in the area of Alzheimer’s and APOE Lipid Biology.
During this postdoctoral fellowship you will
- Develop human pluripotent stem cell glial models APOE / lipid dysfunction
- Employ functional genetic screenings to elucidate APOE pathway modifiers
- Contribute to the understanding of molecular APOE pathophysiology utilizing state-of-the-art molecular, cellular, proteomic, genomic and bioinformatic technologies available within Roche Pharma Research & Early Development (pRED)
- Be expected to generate results for high quality publications in peer reviewed journals
We are keen to discover talents who are hungry for knowledge. At the Roche Headquarter site in Basel/Kaiseraugst, employees from over 90 countries are doing now what patients need next. We contribute our share towards achieving our mission and to make our vision of personalized healthcare happen. We offer you a multicultural workplace in a modern environment, which at the same time requires you to be open-minded and adaptable. This also means that you continuously contrast your results with others and acknowledge the benefit of collaborations and communications.
You have a PhD in Neuroscience and / or Lipid Biology with a strong interest in Lipid, Lysosomal Biology and Neurodegeneration Research.
Moreover you bring
- Expert knowledge in Lipid Biology
- Strong hands-on experience in cellular neural biology in particular with a lysosomal and mitochondrial focus
- Preferentially hands on experience with pluripotent stem cell differentiation to neuronal cell types
- Experience in state of the art microscopy and fluorescence-activated cell sorting
- Basic understanding of genetic screening using CRISPR / Cas9 technology
- At least one first author published or accepted in a peer-reviewed journal
- Top-notch organisation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ambition to join a multi-cultural team
To be considered, please send us your complete application including
- Motivation Letter (including desired start date)
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Tags: ROiQQ ROiBY ROiBT ROiCH ROiDS ROiMD RoiMB ROiPE