Roche Diagnostics Automation Solutions (RDA), formerly Roche PVT, in Greater Stuttgart is one of Roche's competence centers for the development and production of laboratory automation systems. The automation solutions from Roche Diagnostics play a key role in making laboratory results quickly and safely accessible to doctors and patients. At RDA, we bring all technical disciplines together to develop the next generation of laboratory automation systems.
As Test Architect (m/f/d) Medical Technology, you will work at our RDA competence center in Kornwestheim on development projects in close cooperation with Test Managers as well as with mechanics, electronics, software and system engineering. You will create test concepts and test strategies and select suitable test environments and test equipment for the verification and validation of mechatronic systems and software.
This is what the tasks look like in detail:
- You create test concepts and select suitable test environments (e.g. HIL, SIL) and test equipment (e.g. optical measuring equipment)
- You plan test strategies in close cooperation with interdisciplinary teams and will be responsible for the planning, building and qualification of test environments for the verification and validation of mechatronic systems and software
- You are responsible for the quality assurance of manual and automated tests to verify our laboratory automation systems during development and product maintenance
- You document test results using Roche standards and create defect reports
- You will conduct Lesssons-Learned workshops to continuously improve test environments, test equipment and test concepts
What else awaits you:
- Our R&D site is characterized by dynamism and agility. We have clear goals in mind and plenty of room for creativity thanks to our medium-sized company, but at the same time we have the security that the Roche Group gives us
- RDA employees are asked to contribute courageous and unconventional ideas and thus actively shape the success of the company
- We are passionate about our work and motivated by what we do: Doing now what patients need next
This would be our desired profile:
- A completed master's degree in mechatronics, electrical engineering, information technology or a comparable degree with several years of professional experience or a bachelor's degree with many years of professional experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in testing, thereof at least 2 years in the definition, building and qualification of test systems/ test equipment in the field of automation technology or product development of complex mechatronic systems
- Sound knowledge in the usage of various measuring devices
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows, the programming languages C, C++ and scripting languages such as Shell, Phyton, etc.
- Additional training as Certified Tester (ISTQB)
- Very good written and spoken English skills for working in an international environment
- Ability to work in a team, communication skills and an independent and precise work style complete your profile
Please upload your current CV, letter of motivation and relevant certificates / references. Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Further information can be found at https://www.roche.de/about/standorte/waiblingen/index.html
We accept applications in German and English.
Contact person for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the job ad, please contact Georg Zimmermann, Tel. +49 7151 959 22 642.
For technical questions, please contact our AskHR team at +49 621 759 3372.
What you should know before applying to Roche:
Click here to see which steps are necessary for an application.
You've applied - what happens next?
Click here for a brief insight into our recruiting process.