At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Our goal is to build the world's leading digital ecosystems for diabetes management that enable the connection of the various stakeholders, including physicians, clinics, nurses, payers and patients, offering to specific customer segments solutions and products to better manage diabetes. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and help improve the lives of millions of patients.
- Build large scale mobile apps for Android and/or iOS devices. As a part of your daily tasks you will have to develop innovative apps with different technologies.
- Working in a collaborative environment on challenging tasks and coordinate releases for cross-functional teams.
- Align product and architectures to maintain a strong level of consistency of cross functional requirements such as automated deployments, libraries and frameworks that support large, complex applications.
- Structure teams in an agile way to ensure the capacity to work on larger architectural redesigns to meet scalability, performance, security or compliance needs.
- Coach, develop and grow the architectural skills, domain knowledge and technical agile practices of the organization such as CD, TDD, refactoring and clean code.
- Participate with agile product delivery teams, including internal resources as well as third party suppliers, consultants and contractors, for delivering digital solutions.
- Provide guidance to product delivery teams and conduct systematic reviews to track the general progress of our engineers’ learnings.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience with agile methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement.
- +5 years of experience working with mobile application development: Have shipped Android/iOS apps and/or Android/iOS SDKs/Libraries.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Significant experience managing mobile app development and releasing apps on the Google Play Store and/or App Store Connect.
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection.
- Experience working with teams using continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing with one week iterations a plus and agile software development tools (Jira, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Previous experience with one or more of the following technologies: Objective-C, Java, Swift, Kotlin, Fastlane, Cocoapods, Gradle, AWS, SQL - recent coding experience with mastery of one or more programming language.
- Hands-on experience with developer tooling (XCode, Android Studio, Simulators etc.), REST APIs and release engineering for mobile platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with globally distributed development teams.
- Experience supporting and coordinating complex development partner and 3rd party relationships.
- Strong IT project delivery background.
- Product orientated with a pragmatic approach.
- Fluent proficiency in English (B2-C1)
Nice to have:
- Understanding of principles of user authentication and authorization.
- Experience in SSO and OAuth2.
- Experience in/with React Native/Redux.
- Understanding of reactive programming (Rx).
- Knowledge of SQLite, Realm or similar database management systems.
- Experience with Bluetooth (particularly BLE) would be of interest.