The position, working with their Manager, team, key customer stakeholders, and Franchise/Specialty Group commercial leaders, is responsible for supporting the Roche Healthcare Consulting (RHC) strategy by delivering differentiated and value driven Franchise /Specialty Group solutions to our customers. The Consultant will create/demonstrate customer value (at the lab and/or institutional level) to foster and support both cross-franchise (1Roche) sales opportunities and position commercial opportunities within RHC. As a part of their routine delivery of Roche solutions, the position may be required to align with global RHC stakeholders, global Business Affiliate (BA) stakeholders, and the North American Roche Diagnostic Corporation (RDC) marketing, and information technology teams, as assigned or required.
The position is a seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience addressing diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise. The position will collaborate with the RHC team to refine the methods and tools employed to demonstrate and position the end to end value of the Roche portfolio of solutions (systems) and RHC services (consulting) to our customers while simultaneously being creative to solve our customer’s unique priorities, challenges, and needs. The position requires the ability to be agile in a rapidly changing, matrix organization, and be comfortable operating in an evolving, ambiguous environment. The position will also when required or incidentally, collect and feedback voice of the customer input to improve the overall consulting solution offering, products, and services Roche supports. The position is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- This position will follow a standardized end to end approach that creates evidenced-based, differentiated value, for the Franchise/Specialty Group solution portfolio, both inside and outside the walls of the lab.
- Utilize specific methods, tools, techniques, and product offerings to include, but not limited to, a Total Value of Ownership (TVO) strategy as an outcome of Return on Investment (ROI), Sales Intake Forms, and Salesforce.com.
- Deliver Consulting services including, but not limited to Visioning Workshops, Lab Collaboration Modeling, and Rapid Improvement Methodologies, as required.
- Provide assessments, training and advice to customers (including process maps, value stream mapping, 5S analysis, VDM, A3, Strategy, Standard Work, Workplace Redesign, Operational Changeover, etc.)
- Deliver standardized and harmonized practices for consistent national delivery of Consulting services.
- Assist with the development of similar services in international markets and global Business Affiliates, as required.
- Collaborate with the Managers and Consultants to develop, refine and constantly evolve high-value deliverable templates, best practices and tools to deliver differentiated, value creating consulting services and training on RHC to sales, services, and customer teams, as appropriate.
- Provide support and expertise to assist peers with the assessment of new and existing customer laboratories and work practices to recommend near and longer term improvements that deliver efficiency, safety and effectiveness to customer stakeholders.
- Communicate internally and outside RDC the value of RHC services through written documents, speaking engagements, marketing materials, etc.
- Provide lean workflow support to other RDC organizations for product development and commercialization activities, as required.
- On occasion, assist with delivery of RHC services for internal process improvement events, as required.
- Provide pre and post-sales support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions, as required.
- Assists customer, support, and IT teams in implementing detailed customer installation requirements to ensures that client’s needs have been met and that the product/solution is fully functioning according to specification, as required.
- Assist customers with workflow or operational issues related to Roche systems, as required.
- Responsible for administrative requirements including expensing, project reports, status reports, and adherence to regulatory requirements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or healthcare related field
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other continuous quality improvement discipline required. Black Belt certification not required at hire, but Black Belt certified in Lean and Six Sigma programs within 18 months of onboarding expected; Black Belt or higher certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years of management experience. Background may include in-laboratory experience or healthcare industry experience and experience delivering and managing consulting services using Lean Six sigma or similar analytical tools.
- Strong organization and analytical skills to uncover key technical, operational, and strategic issues.
- Ability to use analytical methods and applications to support consulting engagement conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to help define and contribute to new business concept with RDC’s total solution, including creating and deliver professional services, creating methods, and tools.
- Ability to travel +75% of the time
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to influence customer decision makers by articulating ideas and influencing others to adopt solutions. This includes the ability to credibly recommend changes to lab practices to improve waste, cost, quality, and turnaround times.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead manage and influence people at various organization levels internally and within the customer site.
- General understanding of IVD Laboratory Solutions and their workflow/functioning; within the lab and at an institutional level.
- Requires familiarity with Roche and/or competitor products.
- Master’s degree in a healthcare discipline (MBA, MHA, MHSA, MPH) preferred
- 5+ years management experience preferred. Background may include in-laboratory experience or healthcare industry experience and experience delivering and managing consulting services using Lean Six sigma or similar analytical tools.
- 3+ years commercial experience in a service oriented or consulting environment