Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally. An important part of our success in transforming patient’s lives sits with our Global Operations function. And our Direct Procurement department plays a central role in making sure we can achieve that.
As you enter a mature organization, with a new vision for the future, you are accountable for developing strategies and leading initiatives for the Category Biologics & Chemicals - CMO/Reagents. As a member of the Category team you identify opportunities and engage and partner with senior Business stakeholders and regional Procurement to deliver the overall Category performance and savings targets.
- You define the category strategy, the annual cost savings and project pipeline and you identify and execute strategic category initiatives
- You develop category guidance / content and you ensure an accurate and regular reporting.
- You conduct extensive and thorough risk / CSR reviews and incorporate risk and CSR strategies into category strategies and planning activities.
- You are responsible for supplier management and continuous improvement.
- You develop strong relationships with senior business stakeholders. You ensure involvement and engagement in functional decision making by offering Procurement’s point of view and / or alternative solutions to business priorities and challenges.
- You ensure contracts compliance and you support the harmonization of processes and technology
- You coach Procurement colleagues and provide opportunities for professional development
- You have successfully completed your studies – preferable with Business or Life Sciences degree
- You have more than 5 years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management within the chemicals/reagents contract manufacturing category
- You have more than 5 years business experience, including working within a regulated industry
- You have proven financial and business acumen
- You are strong in negotiations, conflict resolution and stakeholder management.
- You have excellent communication and project management skills with an ability to lead and manage teams effectively in a truly global, fluid, interactive environment.
- You don’t get easily stressed by pressure, on the opposite, a demanding and dynamic environment is what keeps you energized. Being proactive, self-starter, and ability to engage & influence people.
- Business level fluency in English, German would be a plus.
- Availability to travel of up to 20-30%
For a complete application we ask you to add a current curriculum vitae. Further documents are not required at this time. Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Contact person for applicants
Answers to questions can be found in our FAQ. Should you not find the necessary information in the FAQs, please contact our AskHR team for technical questions at +49 621 759 74999.
If you have any content/recruiting specific questions regarding the job advertisement, please contact the responsible recruiter (Ms. Mona Hindenberg, email@example.com).