UX Research Manager
Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Governance & Services (G&S), part of System Integration & Solution (SIS), is the organization responsible for driving standardisation and central services in the Diagnostics Division. In the User Experience Team we are responsible for designing many aspects of the user experience of products and solutions. Embedded in program and project teams, we provide all services needed for successful development projects like user research, interaction design, service coordination with external agencies and usability evaluations. We design products which can be integrated into overarching solutions and we have to ensure regulatory compliance of the design process and the deliverables. The project portfolio of the DIA UX department consists of product developments (hardware, desktop and mobile software), strategic support, e-services and innovation projects.
We are now looking for a UX Research Manager possessing a clear vision of the future of customers and user experience, who has the courage to drive forward-thinking design with user insights. Reporting into the Head of DIA User Experience Strategy & Services you’ll be part of the DIA UX Leadership Team and lead a team of talented researchers, manage the research best practice within Diagnostics, consolidate research findings from different projects and use them to make recommendation of strategic future user research programs.
- Drive the strategy for tomorrow for DIA UX alongside the DIA UX Leadership Team
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to develop long-term research strategies that identify and fill key knowledge gaps, and guide the vision for complex business challenges.
- Champion a unified view of our customers and put them at the center of everything the organization does.
- Lead your team in understanding user needs, behaviors and motivations through qualitative and quantitative research. Lead with creative and holistic thinking and maintain a high bar for research excellence.
- Bring to life surprising and actionable insights that influence product strategy and enable the development of usable, useful and desirable experiences. Evangelize and champion research findings to executive audiences.
- Coach and grow a team of outstanding UX researchers distributed across offices and levels of experience.
- Develop methodologies to streamline user research and data analysis (Research Ops) with the final goal to provide added-value to our internal customers.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role (you have to):
- BA/BS degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Sociology or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a senior role leveraging research to drive strategy and product design.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a management role
- Outstanding communication skills are essential with the ability to communicate credibly at all levels; influence key stakeholders in a highly complex cross-functional environment and build collaborative relationships to ensure seamless project delivery.
- Operational mindset that drives efficiency across the team while maximizing their overall impact
- Fluent in English
- Autonomous, structured and goal-oriented working methods and a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
The following will be advantageous:
- Experience leading a distributed team across multiple locations.
- Experience working and influencing across organizational units, particularly within a large company.
- Experience in the industry.
- Experience in consolidating metrics from digital platforms and providing actionable insights
- Experience in consolidating data from qualitative and quantitative user research, and market research
- Experience in ethnographic research in healthcare