Behind every presentation of each product sold by Roche is the involvement of Pharma Global Technical Operations (PT). Starting with Phase I of the development process and continuing through to product maturity, PT makes medicines at sites around the world and includes more than 10 000 employees worldwide.
"Global Technical Development" (PTD) is an organization of over two thousand people globally that are integral for the mission of Roche to develop meaningful medicines for patients. Therefore, PTD actively collaborates and develops creative technical solutions to bridge early-stage, late-stage and commercial product needs. The mandate of the group is, to reliably deliver the pipeline and supply quality products to patients. The group excels in its work through innovation, teamwork, dedication, and mutual respect and contributes every single day, continuously improving what it does.
“Small Molecules Technical Development” (PTDC) brings a broad range of experience across drug substance (DS), drug product (DP), analytical sciences and manufacturing S&T, and collaborates closely with key partners in the departments Research and Early Development (pRED / gRED), Small Molecules (PTC) and PTD. PTDC is responsible for late stage technical development of our small molecules pipeline, manufacture of DS and DP for clinical studies and Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) across our small molecules manufacturing network.
The Analytical Development department is part of Global Technical Development and responsible for analysing drug substances and dosage forms of small molecule development products. The Hyphenated and Special Technologies section provides key scientific customer support with Mass Spectrometry, Separation Sciences and innovative special technologies. As Group Leader you are responsible for the following main tasks:
- You will give Mass Spectrometry (MS) and Special Technologies support for small molecule projects in close collaboration with process development stakeholders (e.g. process development chemists and pharmacists, product manufacturers, Regulatory Affairs, QA and analytical partners for formulation development, IPC, active substances). This includes qualitative and quantitative analysis like for example structure elucidation of impurities, trace determination of genotoxic impurities, elemental impurities or trace determination of Leachables and Extractables.
- You will support trouble shooting activities for commercial products incl. Small Molecules and Biologics
- You will oversee (and be involved in) experimental laboratory work with a team of 3 to 8 technicians
- You will support efficient "time to market"-driven analytics for pharmaceutical development products and licensed products
- You will provide support for the section head in developing and implementing departmental strategies and goals (revising and authoring SOPs governing the organisation of and procedures in the department)
We are looking for a candidate that holds a Doctorate degree in chemistry, pharmacy or equivalent or a Master degree with significant background in the relevant field. That would be hands-on experience in MS coupled with chromatography. In addition experience in MS applied to oligo-compounds like oligo-peptides or –nucleotides would be a plus. In addition you fulfill the following requirements:
- Preferably, experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent teammate
- Working style motivated by innovation, team focus, responsibility and flexibility
- Excellent organisational skills, self-driven, efficient and reliable attitude
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, German is a plus
Have we sparked your interest? Apply now!
Get in touch with the Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Araştırma ve Geliştirme, Araştırma ve Geliştirme > Araştırma