Business Perspectives Program Overview
The Roche Business Perspectives Program is the flagship rotational development program at Roche, designed to provide a 'rapid fire' induction experience to one of the two divisions of Roche: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics.
Goals and Scope
Identify and develop talented and driven candidates for global leadership roles;
Select diverse, globally mobile cohorts that span both Divisions (Diagnostics and Pharma) and all Regions;
Encourage active collaboration and sharing of best practices across program participants (current and alumni).
2 years: 3-4 six-month rotations across different countries and functions.
Assignments and Locations
Program participants take ownership of their rotations with support from executive-level mentors and program manager. They are expected to gain experience in global and affliate locations. Rotation functions vary, but often include Sales, Project/Product Management, Market Access, Business Development, and other Commercial roles.
Rotation locations have included Algeria, Brazil, China, Dubai, India, Kenya, Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, and others. Roche operates in more than 80 countries and Perspectives participants are expected to stretch themselves outside of their cultural comfort zones.
- Broad exposure to various functions and cultures;
- Peer coaching opportunities;
- Annual leadership training;
- Senior leadership mentoring.
- Masters, MBA, MD, PhD, or JD (ideally scientific undergrad)
- Very early career stage: 2 to 5 years working experience; preferably in healthcare, technology, or business
- Fluency in English and at least one other language;
- Global mindset and mobility during program and afterwards
- Strong leadership potential and business acumen
- Passion for healthcare/science
- Self-starters, with a pioneering mindset
- Excellent communication skills and learning agility
- Demonstration of Roche Values: integrity, courage and passion and the Roche Leadership Commitments.
Perspectives at a Glance.
Flexible assignments depending on development need and business availability