Roche Internships for Scientific Exchange (RiSE)
The Roche Internships for Scientific Exchange (RiSE) Programme invites PhD and medical students to gain insight into drug discovery & development at one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Who: Postgraduate students enrolled in a programme for a PhD in natural sciences or a medical degree
- What: Perform your own exploratory research embedded in a research, clinical or analytical team within drug development programmes
- Duration: Six to nine months
- Location: Roche Innovation Center Basel, Switzerland
- Therapeutic areas: Neuroscience and Rare Diseases here
- Career benefits: immersed in a global pharmaceutical research environment you will experience and apply the Roche’s state-of-the-art scientific technologies and you can take advantage of in-house learning opportunities in order to build your scientific track record and use your experience as catalyzer for your career path.
- Networking: Participate in the local community of Roche postdocs and other student interns and become part of the worldwide network of RiSE alumni.
- Financial support: Monthly internship salary, travel expenses, accommodation support and reimbursed costs for Swiss work permit application
- Mentoring: RiSE students will be closely mentored by a Roche scientist and, on occasion, by a postdoctoral fellow. Students participating in a collaborative project with an academic group will also have the opportunity to be co-mentored by the academic mentor.
- Important note about the application/academic support: When submitting their job application, candidates must include a letter of support from their academic mentor confirming their relationship and describing how a RiSE internship may contribute to their academic training.
- Other conditions: Non-EU/EFTA citizens are required to provide a certificate from their university stating that an industry internship is a mandatory part of the university curriculum.
How to apply?
All positions will be posted twice a year on the Roche Careers website, typically in May and November. Apply for available RiSE internships here.
Learn more about Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) here.