Roche Internships for Scientific Exchange (RiSE)
The Roche Internships for Scientific Exchange (RiSE) Programme invites PhD and medical students to gain insight into drug discovery & development at one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Who: Postgraduate students enrolled on either a PhD in natural sciences or a medical degree
- What: Participation in authentic drug development projects, ranging from laboratory work to data analysis and literature research
- Duration: Three to nine months
- Location: Roche Innovation Center Basel, Switzerland
- Therapeutic areas: Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases
- Career benefits: Hands-on experience of a commercial pharmaceutical research environment, exposure to Roche’s state-of-the-art scientific facilities and opportunity to publish work
- Financial support: Monthly internship salary, travel expenses, accommodation in a shared house and reimbursed costs for Swiss work permit application
- Academic support: Candidates must provide a letter of support from their academic mentor confirming their relationship and describing how a RiSE internship may contribute to their academic training
How to apply?
All positions will be posted twice a year on the Roche Careers website, typically in May and November. Apply for available RiSE internships here.
Learn more about Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) here.